am i in trouble ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
hey just wondering if im in trouble? k im in the process of making a batch of beer for st.pattys day(it will be kegged).. yes i know its last min.... but anyways i can only boil 3 gallons at time and im trying to cool off the frist batch of 3 gallons now and i put it in the sink to cool off and went out side to get some snow to help cool the water off with in.. as i put the snow in the sink some of water dripped into the pot wiht the boiled wate... now will that **** up that batch of beer? the water was still at about 130f when the the snow water dripped in the pot of boiled water?

How much got in? I've done the same thing and had a little get in with no problems.

I think you have to be around 160-165°F to kill bacteria, so that's the only concern. Doesn't sound like too much got in tho. I wouldn't worry, it'll probably turn out awesome....never to be duplicated

well could i throw in a little bit of five star star san.. to make sure its clean?

went out side to get some snow to help cool the water off with in.. as i put the snow in the sink some of water dripped into the pot wiht the boiled wate...

The snow wasn't yellow was it??? :D

the water was still at about 130f when the the snow water dripped in the pot of boiled water?

I must be missing something..... you said boiled water not wort.... so doesn't that mean you still have to do the actual wort boil? If so then anything in the snow should get killed off in the wort boil.... right? Or was that just a typo and you meant wort?

well could i throw in a little bit of five star star san.. to make sure its clean?

I would definitely not starsan to it, mainly because it won't do anything at the small percentage that you will be adding to really do anything to sanitize it.

There's nothing you can do about it now. Chances are it will be perfectly fine, and I'm willing to bet on that.

The snow wasn't yellow was it??? :D

I must be missing something..... you said boiled water not wort.... so doesn't that mean you still have to do the actual wort boil? If so then anything in the snow should get killed off in the wort boil.... right? Or was that just a typo and you meant wort?

i am doing a 6 gallon boil.. but i can only do 3 gallons at a time. so i boiled up 3 gallons of water frist .... i was cooling it off and some water dripped in from the snow i took out side to put into the sink into the pot of plain old water that was boild to make sure it was sterile.

now that wateris coold off im going to do a nother 3 gallon boil wich will be the wort

Back