Always something

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe028

Reaction score
Seems I forget or mess something up every time I brew. Some things that come to mind are adding priming sugar and brew to bottling bucket and then finding out that I have no bottle caps. Another one is when I forgot to buy a hop bag for the pellet hops. And most recently and most disappointing is the hefeweizen I just racked to a keg. Through looking at my notes I noticed that I doubled the hop additions by accident and instead of 12 IBU's I have a cool 25 IBU's.

Although frustrating I guess that's what keeps me going to keep making my process better and better. Hopefully I can drop these stupid mistakes though.

hey, mistakes is how you learn. the fun part is figuring out solutions when things go wrong and you just get better and better at it (and find yourself stock-piling extra equipment, extract and yeast)

heh, unless you're drunk every time...? j/k

i've actually made mistakes before that turned into great brews. one time i forgot to add about 2 pounds of dme, so i just decided to boil it up and add it in 3 days later. it was the most amazing beer, but i have never been able to replicate it using a normal process.

maybe this hoppy hefeweizen will revolutionize beer. ok, probably not, but hey, it'll probably still be drinkable and you'll think twice next time.

no matter what, even if i don't make mistakes, i always learn something EVERY time i brew. That's why this is the greatest hobby ever!

RDWHAHB! Cheers, mate! :mug:

Back