Alternative to Kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was looking into the mini kegs, but then found out they are only good for 5-6 fills. Then you have to buy new kegs.

Since I'm going through the trouble of kegging,( and not hte trouble of bottling) I bought corny kegs. A bit more cash, but cheaper in the long run.

Don't fight it....You're already kegging...You just don't know it yet. Any other money you spend now will be on stuff that will become "Spare Equipment" at best...in the very near future.

just buy kegs... you'll never regret it... after only a few brews i went to kegs and i love it... not to mention it is def part of the reason i stayed with the hobby!! nothing better than YOUR OWN draft beer.

straight to kegging and went looking for bottles for small batchs and keg clearing.

Just cornie keg your beer! If your anything like me you'll hardly be able to keep 5 gallons around for more than a week or so. Couldnt imagine how quick I would go through a mini-keg.

Primary: None
Secondary: Coffee Stout
Bottled: Am. Pale Ale, Vanilla Porter, Bock
R.I.P.: Am. Brown Ale, Chocolate Porter, Oatmeal Stout

I use the Party Pig. I have 3 and don't have the space nor the funding as of now to start kegging. I have had very good luck with the pigs. They are easy to clean and to assemble, fits easily into any fridge, sometimes activating the pressure pouch is a little tricky. I just used two of them when "bottling" my Oktoberfest last weekend, had enough beer left to fill up a sixer of 12oz bottles.

Back