Allagash/Cantillon/RR "Wild Friendship" Collab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, that stuff sits in mass like you wouldn't believe, and I buy one on a fairly regular basis. the same can be said about almost all gueuze save for cantillon, and that has got to be just a supply thing. and actually makes me wonder wbout the amount of lambic that each place is producing.
I have never not seen Tilquin on the shelves here in MA. 3F also sits for awhile too. I found some 3F OG from '10 at Granite this past spring. Still have the few bottles I picked up in the fridge.

I have never not seen Tilquin on the shelves here in MA. 3F also sits for awhile too. I found some 3F OG from '10 at Granite this past spring. Still have the few bottles I picked up in the fridge.

3F depends on the place, it goes fast at the Craft Beer Cellar-type stores but sticks around at the less beer nerdy stores. ****in' 3F Kriek disappears in days or less at this point though, I h8 it.

The entire concept of 3F sitting on a local shelf at all is completely foreign to me.

Come back, Shelton....
for the most part, its the golden blend at $30/375ml that is sitting, but there are a few stores with 750s and 375s of OG and 375s of the kriek sitting as well ast 750s of Sch Kriek

My shop can't move the Tilquin 750's. I bought 3 and there are still 4-5 left and this was a month an a half ago.

I've never had R&D Gueuze, but I would absolutely put Resurgam above Cable Car and Sour Reserve. The only Beat that I would put above Resurgam was the batch 3 I had. while 4 and 5 were superb beers, they totally lacked the complexity that the most recent batch of Resurgam had. I love sour bombs, and Beat is my favorite RR sour
R&D Gueuze was awesome to me. Compton25 generously provided me with a bottle. Split the bottle several ways, and most agreed that if we were blindfolded, the smell very similar to Cantillon gueuze. Taste wise was different, but still excellent. Will agree that the taste is nothing like a true goozie though. Perhaps rainer can chime in better than I.

I'll say this though. How in the hell is LP Gueuze rated so highly? I've only had the 2009 vintage, but was thoroughly disappointed. The smell and taste was very tame and timid. Greatly prefer regular gueuze over it, and glad I traded every bottle I've ever come across.

R&D Gueuze was awesome to me. Compton25 generously provided me with a bottle. Split the bottle several ways, and most agreed that if we were blindfolded, the smell very similar to Cantillon gueuze. Taste wise was different, but still excellent. Will agree that the taste is nothing like a true goozie though. Perhaps rainer can chime in better than I.

I'll say this though. How in the hell is LP Gueuze rated so highly? I've only had the 2009 vintage, but was thoroughly disappointed. The smell and taste was very tame and timid. Greatly prefer regular gueuze over it, and glad I traded every bottle I've ever come across.
I thought we had R&D Sour, not R&D Gueuze. Either way, it was tasty, had the flavors and complexity you'd find in a gueuze, but to me it wasn't particularly sour, and there was almost no aroma. The funk was there but barely present. Like a light gueuze if that makes any sense.

And I second your sentiment about LP Gueuze. None of us thought it was very good. Certainly not an elevated version of Classic Gueuze like LP Kriek and LP Framboise are. I want to try another vintage though. Maybe that was a bad bottle or just an underwhelming year.

And I second your sentiment about LP Gueuze. None of us thought it was very good. Certainly not an elevated version of Classic Gueuze like LP Kriek and LP Framboise are. I want to try another vintage though. Maybe that was a bad bottle or just an underwhelming year.

Yep, that's LP Gueuze. It's mild in character because it's a blend of several two-year lambics rather than one two and three-year lambics.

I've had a few vintages, as early as maybe '03? I don't remember the older ones being tremendously better than the '09, at least in terms of acidity. To me it generally tastes like Grand Cru, except well-carbed.

Last edited:
I thought we had R&D Sour, not R&D Gueuze. Either way, it was tasty, had the flavors and complexity you'd find in a gueuze, but to me it wasn't particularly sour, and there was almost no aroma. The funk was there but barely present. Like a light gueuze if that makes any sense.

It had a whole lotta meh...

LP Gueuze is really good with age. I get as much of it as I can, mostly to forget about it for a few years.

This is why Rainer is my beer-man-crush. He gets me.

Anyone have a picture of the label?
10003709_786617644706127_6334153904665368452_o.jpg

3F depends on the place, it goes fast at the Craft Beer Cellar-type stores but sticks around at the less beer nerdy stores. ****in' 3F Kriek disappears in days or less at this point though, I h8 it.
I know this is old but my usual store has a shitload of Kriek if you need some.

Someone may have mentioned this already but...

Is this just Resurgam, Beat, and Classic Goozie blended?

Back