All equipment... but no stand yet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhindian

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning on brewing 40gal of beer for my wedding in May. Unfortunately, bad weather has set my brewing schedule back. I have a brew day scheduled this Sunday, but the weather has also prevented me from finishing my brew stand...

So here's the rub: I upgraded to a 10gal system with keggles to accomodate the large volume of beer I'm making. I also added a pump, camlocks, and plate chiller. This brew day will be the first time using those. I'm coming from a 5 gal system with immersion chiller.

My setup:
15.5gal keggle for HLT/BK
Cooler for MLT
A chugger pump
30 plate long chiller

My brew table is planned to be a 2 tier with the HLT and BK at the same height with the MLT sunken between them. I will be using one keggle to do both the HLT/BK because the second one isn't finished yet.

What's the safest way to set this up without a stand? I was thinking put the HLT up on bricks or block with the burner on top, gravity feed into the MLT, pump back into the keggle for the boil, then pump and chill directly into two fermenters. I'm not sure how to mount the pump and chiller though and don't want to leave them.

Thoughts?

I would just move the sparge water with either a 1 gallon pitcher or say a 2 gallon bucket. For the sake of moving 7-8 gallons IMO it's not worth stacking up bricks...
Picking up and dumping a half full five gallon bucket three times is all were really talking here....unless your looking to fly sparge then I'm out and would suggest batch sparging...
Only takes a few minutes to move it manually with a pitcher or small bucket...YMMV

I would just move the sparge water with either a 1 gallon pitcher or say a 2 gallon bucket. For the sake of moving 7-8 gallons IMO it's not worth stacking up bricks...
Picking up and dumping a half full five gallon bucket three times is all were really talking here....unless your looking to fly sparge then I'm out and would suggest batch sparging...
Only takes a few minutes to move it manually with a pitcher or small bucket...YMMV

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually worried more about the later half where I'm involving the pump and chiller.

Back