All American Master Can Sealer- Canning Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everty2007

Reaction score
For some time I have been on the lookout for an economical way to start canning but wasn’t finding anything much cheaper than $1500. I recently purchased the All American Master Can Sealer to start canning my homebrew. Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry (they make the Crowler machines) had a display at HomebrewCon in Minneapolis this year. They are now offering canning on a homebrew scale. The Master Canner that has several options, 12 or 12/16oz, hand crank, flywheel or motorized. They were running a special after HomebrewCon ranging from around $550 up to $800 depending on the models. They also have a motorized model that is in priced in comparison to other canners (around $1500). When purchasing this canner I did a lot of Google searching and really did not find much info on these canners. I have been working on video reviews and informational videos to possibly help others that might be looking to go down this path as well. My long-term plan is to motorize my model using parts that I can source locally and provide the build along with my other projects.

My reasoning to start canning were for a couple reasons and saving money wasn’t one of them. I share a lot of my beer with friends and family so I end up having to chase down my bottles and some cases they did not come back it a desired condition. With canning I can share my brews with others and don’t have to worry about chasing down my bottles anymore. My least favorite thing about brewing is scrubbing bottles, so with canning I do a quick soak, sanitize and fill no messing around. My other factor is beer mail. I trade a lot of beer mail with my homebrewing friends across the country and shipping glass not matter how well you package is always a risk. With shipping cans I have less worry about breakage during shipping.

This could be a good buy for a couple of brewing friends or a homebrew club to go in on which would help split the cost.

I have other videos and testing videos that are in progress, any questions or comments I’d be happy to answer. Pricing questions I will have to refer you to the manufacturer for current pricing. Cheers!

Unboxing and general overview video
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB1h7fraO5g"][YOUTUBE]gB1h7fraO5g[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Last edited:
Canning Operations:

This video I went over changing out from 12 to 16oz can setups. Also discuss some issues that I experienced and how to troubleshoot them.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYdSn_ya9pA&t=4s"][YOUTUBE]lYdSn_ya9pA&t=4s[YOUTUBE/][/ame]

For some time I have been on the lookout for an economical way to start canning but wasn’t finding anything much cheaper than $1500. I recently purchased the All American Master Can Sealer to start canning my homebrew. Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry (they make the Crowler machines) had a display at HomebrewCon in Minneapolis this year. They are now offering canning on a homebrew scale. The Master Canner that has several options, 12 or 12/16oz, hand crank, flywheel or motorized. They were running a special after HomebrewCon ranging from around $550 up to $800 depending on the models. They also have a motorized model that is in priced in comparison to other canners (around $1500). When purchasing this canner I did a lot of Google searching and really did not find much info on these canners. I have been working on video reviews and informational videos to possibly help others that might be looking to go down this path as well. My long-term plan is to motorize my model using parts that I can source locally and provide the build along with my other projects.

My reasoning to start canning were for a couple reasons and saving money wasn’t one of them. I share a lot of my beer with friends and family so I end up having to chase down my bottles and some cases they did not come back it a desired condition. With canning I can share my brews with others and don’t have to worry about chasing down my bottles anymore. My least favorite thing about brewing is scrubbing bottles, so with canning I do a quick soak, sanitize and fill no messing around. My other factor is beer mail. I trade a lot of beer mail with my homebrewing friends across the country and shipping glass not matter how well you package is always a risk. With shipping cans I have less worry about breakage during shipping.

This could be a good buy for a couple of brewing friends or a homebrew club to go in on which would help split the cost.

I have other videos and testing videos that are in progress, any questions or comments I’d be happy to answer. Pricing questions I will have to refer you to the manufacturer for current pricing. Cheers!

Unboxing and general overview video
[YOUTUBE]gB1h7fraO5g[/YOUTUBE]

Unless I missed it in the video, what model number is the can sealer?

Yes I have been using the beer gun with hopes to build a dual filler soon. To answer your question, yes I purge the can the same as I would a bottle by purging for about 5-10 sec before filling. I found that I need to fill pretty slow to avoid getting too much foam. I try to get just enough foam to get the liquid level to the beveled top of the can and then cap on top of the foam displacing the excess foam. From what I have read this is the process that the professional canners use so I am assuming this is good enough for me. I have not done any oxidation tests or anything yet so I don't have any proof to this method personally. Ill be canning up my pumpkin beer shortly and planning to shoot a full canning process video from start to finish.

Hey Everty,
Good videos, I'm considering the same model for the same reasons you mentioned.
Can you give some honest feedback now that you've had the canner for some time? Is it as useful as you expected?
Would you have gotten the flywheel or motorized?
If I can get a brew-club member or three to share the costs, I'm leaning towards the motorized version just to help streamline things.

Mike

I am looking into this and was wondering what kind of longevity you get with cans filled via beer gun.
Thanks!

Pretty cool, thanks for posting!

Off Topic- You're fairly close to me. Is there a HB club you're associated with? Can't find one near me.

I'm considering buying one these also. Can any of you guys that have or use one tell me if there is a noticeable difference in carb level when can from keg and not using a counter pressure setup on the can?

Back