Albany breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacks

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm headed out east for a wedding very soon and an going to be stopping in Albany for the night. I'm just wondering if there are any exceptional breweries in town or even any companies that distributes really good beer that I can't get here in Michigan. Thanks in advance, cheers!

The Albany pump station is a great place for some food and beer as jafo pointed out. Also theres a fairly new one in troy called rare form which is supposed to be good. And browns brewing is another great food place with some good beers. And if you're into schmaltz they're in nearby Clifton park

The Albany pump station is a great place for some food and beer as jafo pointed out. Also theres a fairly new one in troy called rare form which is supposed to be good. And browns brewing is another great food place with some good beers. And if you're into schmaltz they're in nearby Clifton park

Yeah rare form has very good beers. Olivers brew crew has the best selection if any beer store in the area.

Shmaltz is about a 20 minute drive north of Albany in Clifton Park. It's a straight-up microbrewery in the suburbs (with tasting room and tours) so it might not be what you are looking for, but they're a fun bunch and they make some really outstanding stuff. If you'd rather stick to Albany proper then definitely hit up the Pump Station.

Schmaltz generally has a groupon for their tour. Also Westmere beverage is owned by the same ppl as Olivers, they fill crowlers (can growlers)

Umm druthers is in saratoga springs which is a good half hour or so north of albany not downtown albany. Although I would definitely recommend them

Back