Alabama vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it passed the senate already? Outstanding. Now Alabama is going to explode. Those crazy guys were right. Wait for it. Wait for it.

OK I was wrong about the senate. We still have to go through committee and then the senate. Somebody knock me out and wake me up after it's over. I don't think I can do that again.

Still has to make it through the senate but it passed the senate last year. The big hold up was the house so this is a major victory.

Still has to make it through the senate but it passed the senate last year. The big hold up was the house so this is a major victory.

This is an easier bill to pass than the one that made it through last year too.

BUT Wow that was embarrassing going through house of reprobates.

Although my representative may not be much better, I am glad that I am not represented by Bridges, Laird or Wallace.

Especially Wallace.

What a bunch of narrow minded, backward ass, b*&tards.

Laird is an ass. I sent him a very polite email asking him to do a bit more research into home brewing. His response "You do your research. Its debate 101." God you have to love crazy people.

Although my representative may not be much better, I am glad that I am not represented by Bridges, Laird or Wallace.

Especially Wallace.

What a bunch of narrow minded, backward ass, b*&tards.

They are trash. It's people like them that keep Alabama from making any logical progress in this world. Sometimes I feel like George Wallace is still standing in front of the university of Alabama and Bull Conner is still hosing everybody down the street.

I emailed him and told him to stop embarrassing the state that millions of people were listening to them and he replied.

"You get elected then YOU can embarrass our state. DO IT."

Well, this really is a hobby for me I am not a heavy drinker and but I am about to celebrate this huge victory. Here's a homebrew to joining the 21 century. :mug:

Laird is an ass. I sent him a very polite email asking him to do a bit more research into home brewing. His response "You do your research. Its debate 101." God you have to love crazy people.

Went ahead and sent one myself. I fear it wasn't very diplomatic, but I did manage to avoid the phrase "gouge out my eyes with a spoon."
Good afternoon sir,

I had the misfortune of listening to the debate this afternoon in the state Legislature on the Home Brewing Bill (HB 354). Your views, in particular, are either woefully uninformed or pure sophistry. Neither should have any place in government. I request that in the future, you either put more research into the topic at hand, or refrain from making up nonsense to stall the debate. It is unseemly.

Bests,

Just got this conformation email from the speaker of the house, he is a really great guy.

April 26, 2012

Dear Constituent:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Office of Speaker Mike Hubbard regarding your support for House Bill 354.

We are pleased to report that House Bill 354 was passed out of the House of Representatives by a vote of 44-33 today, and Speaker Hubbard voted in favor of the bill. HB 354 now goes to the Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact Speaker Mike Hubbard's office. We encourage you to remain engaged in the legislative process and in issues that affect our state.

Sincerely,

Boone Kinard
Policy Analyst
Office of Speaker Mike Hubbard

I sent an e mail to Mac in the middle of it all and thanked him for fighting the good fight

Congrats to all who brew and live in bama. Hopefully there will be no snags for the remainder of the process. :mug:

I emailed him and told him to stop embarrassing the state that millions of people were listening to them and he replied.

"You get elected then YOU can embarrass our state. DO IT."

Was this Wallace? Please, oh PLEASE tell me that you kept the email.

Forward that sh*t to a newspaper. Go public with it. A legislator has no business talking back to a constituent like that. That alone should be grounds for removal from office.

His nose was out of joint because he wasted the taxpayers time and then lost on top of that.

Not that familiar with Bama politics these days but Laird really seems like a ******. Ill glad forward my email to someone if you like.

Back