Alabama vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I remember why I never moved back to the south. This kind of "I know better than you" is what is screwing up this country. How in the world does the AL House get anything passed, bunch of old windbags!

Following live tweets of this and it's driving me nuts. Parents will teach their kids to homebrew and let them drink before school? Seriously? I'm pretty sure all of those are against the law to begin with. Legalizing homebrew wouldn't suddenly turn parents into fiends. Plus, you are one crappy parent if you are letting your kids take a pull out of the fermenter...

I honestly don't even know what these arguments are for and who they are supposed to sway. Good luck, guys!

Did any of these people take speech in school, umm, aaaaa, urrrr, duhhhhh...doh! Oh the stories, and the are total BS, please explain how to brew in your tub?

What is happening? Ive listened for over an hour and Im so confused. They are using mind control/confusion.

What is happening? Ive listened for over an hour and Im so confused. They are using mind control/confusion.

What is going on my friend is the deceptive art of politicking. What is that? It is debating, amending and stalling until what was being discussed no longer matters or you are no longer in office.

Now I remember why I never moved back to the south. This kind of "I know better than you" is what is screwing up this country. How in the world does the AL House get anything passed, bunch of old windbags!

I love it down here, and the "I know better than you" is prevalent all over the country--it's just that the things people claim to know better are different.

That said, good heavens this is depressing.

images

I just tuned in. $100 annual license? Ouch.

Also...how is this bill going to bring tourism dollars to AL? Is there more up for vote than just homebrewing?

This bible thumping redneck trash is just filibustering the bill because they don't have enough no votes.

OMG I can't believe it. Congratulations to our Alabama brewing friends.
Brew On :mug:

It seemed to have passed, with maybe the license fee... though that last bit happened quite fast so I am probably wrong

It was that close? That's sad. What's it look like the senate will do? Anyone have any information on that?

aubiecat said:
It passsed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yeah! With everything I was reading here, I thought they were going to filibuster until the bill died.

Back