Alabama vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard the bills for the calendar announced. I picked it up after the first few were announced, and didn't hear 354.

Nope. 354 didn't make it.

It looks as if they tried to pick bills that will easily pass so that they can get through them quickly.

But, we are truly screwed.

Spoke with rules clerk Sue again, she said we aren't dead yet. Despite all the foolishness, it could still get put up to vote. Senator Waggoner's secretary concurred. Don't give up yet, keep calling Senator Waggoner and let them know we're serious.

Call Holtzclaw too and remind him of the "Silver Bullet promise". Seriously folks, don't let up on them. It can still happen.

Well, it's not sure, but it's a chance... Going by what Wagonner's secretary and the rules clerk told me, both seemed confident that we shouldn't give up yet.

Also, if Holtzclaw made a promise to get us up for a vote, we need to hold his feet to the fire!

Our bill isn't going to make it up and it never was. I don't remember who it was that was explaining the thought process behind the special order but
he said they went through 75 bills and picked out 30 that they knew would pass with no opposition.
They aren't going to pass 30 bills and a budget bill before midnight. Our bill was never in the running. I feel like a huge sucker for believing our voice mattered.

Our bill got lost in the pile because they waited until the last day to debate the immigration bill and try to pass a budget. We were duped to believe it could get on the calendar but they knew it wasn't going to happen.

There is no incentive to pass a homebrew bill. It would generate very little revenue for the state and it is not good politics to vote for it because of the backlash from the religious zealots.

It may never be legal in this state.

They're ripping through these others at amazing speed, could still happen. Instead of lashing out blindly, focus it and put the iron to these guys to get it up when they open the next calendar which could easily happen at this rate. If it doesn't make it, focus your displeasure on them starting at 12:01

If somehow it makes it to a vote, I will gladly eat crow. Right now, however, I am a bit miffed to say the least.

I agree. I am disgusted that it has played out like this. Why make those promises, why act like it mattered, when we couldn't even get on the top 30 list?

They finished the calendar and it looks as if they are going to try to get in another short calendar.

Holy spit. There is still a chance...

They finished the calendar and it looks as if they are going to try to get in another short calendar.

Holy spit. There is still a chance...

Quit that. I'm an eternal optimist, so I'm hoping again, even though I KNOW that we're dead.

Somebody tell Smitherman that we will brew both light colored AND dark colored beers if he'll just shut up so we can move on.....he loves DIVERSITY!

Nice. While they are waiting for the special order calendar they are working on a HB4 that was going to be on the calendar anyway.

At this point, I just don't see it happening.

There isn't much on the SOC, but I don't think we can make it through this one too....

Holtzsclaw needs to go.

How many bills on latest calendar? Seems our Rep. Has forgotten about us.

I don't think Holtzclaw was the right guy. He pissed the senate minority off earlier today with his comment about backroom deals.

Latest posts

Back