AHS Texas Blonde Ale MMMMMMMMM!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
I brewed the extract kit of this beer. Really simple 5# Light Malt Extract and1# of Corn Sugar one ounce hops at 60. I was out of beer so I popped one of these open at 1 week in the bottle (Yes I know itsnot ready) Well, It was carbed, crystal clear (I used gelatin in primary) and tasted great. Would be very popular with the BMC crowd I think though at one week it was a little hoppy and green. I liked it so much I had to open a few more to check for carbonation...LOL!! I ended up drinking half a case. This is a great drinking beer. Quintessential Lawnmower Ale. I am brewing it again this week but was thinking of using Citra Hops instead of the uh...centennial I think maybe cascade Uh... Any way, I love citra so I am substituing that and also going to add hops at 5 and 15 to add a little more hop character. Thinking I might use all DME instead of the 1 lb of corn sugar...

Recipe Idea:
6# Light DME
1oz Citra @ 60
.5oz Citra @ 15
.5 oz @ 5

Just a simple little fishing beer.

What do yall think?

looks good to me. I've been thinking about coming up with a cheap easy drinking recipe. Let us know how it turns out.

I was looking at picking that one up.

Either that or the honey wheat.

Currently watching my Honey Weizen (Northern Brewer kit) happily bubbling away in the primary. After two days of blowing out some serious Rhino Farts (rotten egg smell), that has cleared out and the brew smells awesome. I've never been a huge wheat drinker, so I'm looking forward to this change of pace. I'd say go for it, and let me know how the AHS version turns out.

Currently watching my Honey Weizen (Northern Brewer kit) happily bubbling away in the primary. After two days of blowing out some serious Rhino Farts (rotten egg smell), that has cleared out and the brew smells awesome. I've never been a huge wheat drinker, so I'm looking forward to this change of pace. I'd say go for it, and let me know how the AHS version turns out.

I'm pretty much set on the honey wheat being my next brew, so I'll definitely let you know.

It's also a great "blank canvas" of a beer.

I used the recipe with nottingham yeast and 2-3 ounces of ginger.

I'll be sure to give an update when it's ready to drink.

I have brewed two batches of the blonde. Its a great recipe! I rack the beer onto 6lbs of strawberries during secondary. It turns out amazing the wife loves it.

Back