Aging after cold crash question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weberbrew5

Reaction score
I hope I didn't mess up on this but I just transferred my Christmas ale to a secondary carboy to age. I decided to dry hop it a bit with pellet hops. I added the hops straight into the beer. I just realize that I want to age this beer at least a month but only want to dry hop it five days. Can I cold crash it to settle the hops then transfer it to a carboy and let it age? Will the temperature change affect the aging?

Sure you can transfer it to another carboy to age. The dry hopping you just did will likely wear out with each week that passes but give it a smell with about a week or two left in aging and if you want another boost of hops toss in some more dry hops for 3-7 days.

oh yeah and the temp change shouldn't affect it too much. Once the carboy comes back up in temp and sits for a month+ the aging will go along as planned.

Back