Advice on opportunity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feurhund

Reaction score
Sorry this isn't a "sampling" thread but I know this is the right group to ask.

My wife will be in Amsterdam for work and we have a friend there that can get anything local for her to bring home for me. I think customs is a 4 bottle limit......what should I ask for?

Thank you in advance for the expert feedback!

Do you like absinthe? Lots of varieties there that you can't get here. Avoid the eastern European makes as those are usually fakes.

As for beer, go to a big supermarket. You'll find an aisle full of European beers. The hard part: deciding which to bring home.

I won't be there, so I need to make a wish list. I wanted to find out any whales I should ask for. I don't know how accessible Westveterlan is in Amsterdam, but maybe Cantillon or other?

ANY Cantillon, 3 fonteinen lol

There are a ton of great beers from belgium, i would advise you to give him styles you prefer and also point out that more expensive bottles are not a problem (thats up to you on budget but ive seen some horror stories when a "go pick it up for me bro" was asked because the buyer was skeptical on wanters budget)

Westy is only available at Saint-Sixus and the cafe at the bottom of the hill

Cantillon, Westy 12, and as far as customs, I wouldn't worry about bottle limit. I brought back 18 bottles of Cantillon while I was in Europe for three weeks last year.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess I should have guessed that I should ask for as many Cantillions and Dries as my wife can carry back.

Back