advice on a stainless steel burner...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvh261

Reaction score
Well, I'm getting married at the end of summer and I have a keg I'm just waiting to get converted to a keggle. So I'm going to need a burner. Target happens to have this one and I can add it to our wedding registry.

Anyone have this one? Stainless steel 16x16 Bayou Classic. Pros / cons?

http://www.target.com/Stainless-Steel-Single-Burner-Stove/dp/B000291GDO/sr=1-18/qid=1214493626/ref=sr_1_18/601-8410490-2523339?ie=UTF8&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Aburner&page=1

Thanks in advance for any info.

Stainless is nice but more expensive. I have the same one in steel and it works great, I boil 7.5 to 8 gallons on it with no problems. But hey if someone is willing to but it for you go for it.

I looks nice. The stainless steel frame is totally unnecessary and any part of it that's over the flame will discolor. You can get the same thing w/o the stainless steel frame for about 1/2 the price.

But if you can get someone else to spring for it, why not? That's what make the economy go.

Back