Advice for next batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmcclure

Reaction score
So, I'm hosting a beer tasting party at my house in a month and a half. The guests are friends: a few beer snobs, a few BMC lovers, and most in between. I'm looking for the last batch to round out my offerings.

So far I have: White House honey ale (ok, it's a gimmick), Biermunchers 3 crops cream ale, a pumpkin ale, and 2 gallons of sweet stout.

I'm thinking about a really hoppy IPA but am open to other suggestions. I want to show a range of potential homebrew styles without freaking anyone out.

Ideas would be most appreciated!

I think an IPA s agood idea but you might want to try one that is not to hoppy so you do not scare off the BMC drinkers. A very hoppy IPA can be a huge jump if you are used to coors lt.

Go for the IPA. If some friends don't like it they have four other choices and none of them are close to an IPA

I would probably recommend a pale ale which can be hoppy (to BMCers) but not so much as an IPA. Either way beer aficionados will enjoy it, those not used to drinking it will not hop overdose. Plus Pale Ales rock!!!'

I think an IPA s agood idea but you might want to try one that is not to hoppy so you do not scare off the BMC drinkers. A very hoppy IPA can be a huge jump if you are used to coors lt.

A diehard CL drinker is not going to like anything on that list other than BM's Co3C and they will want it over ice... I would make a Bell's Two Hearted clone. It is the best IPA for non-IPA drinkers to try. To quote another HBTer, "It tastes like tangerines exploding in my mouth."

Great thoughts - I think I'll stretch them a little and go for the Bell's Two Hearted clone. It will offend some but you're not really living if you're not offending someone eh?

Thanks for the advice!

I'll make sure I've got ice for the Co3C!

Back