Advice for Fantasy Beer Draft IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsncrabs

Reaction score
My brewing club conducted a Fantasty Beer Draft. We took turns picking from a list of ingredients and we have to brew a beer with them. Once the ingredient was chosen, it was removed from the available selections. We then will enter the beer into a club contest conducted head to head bracket style. Sort of like march Madness. Needless to say, some of the recipes will be very interesting! Also note, I can't change any of my ingredients. I am brewing next Saturday and the contest is Nov 25. I also have to add Pineapple to the secondary. I have never worked with Motueka or Green Bullet or the base grain, which is from Castle. I use RO water and calcium choride, gypsum, and pickling lime. Any advice for this recipe?

I just noticed I forgot the dryhops. I would probably use 1 ounce of each Motueka, Green Bullet , and Simcoe.

View attachment Fantasy Draft IPA.bsmx

Last edited:
I saw the thread title, and thought "Lancaster Brewers just did this." Open the thread, and "Oh, it is Lancaster."

I haven't used either of those hops yet. GB can be grassy from what I've read, but with only an ounce and a half, that shouldn't be an issue.

I do remember from Karen's pineapple IPA back at the last Homebrewer's Ball that it took a LOT of pineapple juice to really get that flavor to stand up.

Thanks. I'll ask her. Trying to find a pineapple extract. As for the hops, I could also bitter with Simcoe. Trying to figure out which is the best combo. Really like Green Flash Green Bullet.

Latest posts

Back