Add more yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splyn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just made a PTE yesterday and i intended to remove the hops from the boil by lining my fermenter (big mouth bubbler v2) with a nylon paint strainer bag, adding the cooled wort and then removing the bag. Unfortunately, the bag immediately clogged and i was unable to remove it. I then just turned it over and dumped all of the hops/trub into the fermenter and removed the bag. I oxygenated and pitched my starter. Then after a few hours i got it in my head that i should remove the trub and huge hop amounts (to avoid some off flavors that have been plaguing me lately), so i racked into another sanitized carbouy i had.

Since yeast tends to settle when it is initially added to a vessel, did leave behind most of the yeast i pitched? Should i pitch another starter? I currently have the wort sitting in my fermenter at 40F while i figure out if more yeast is needed.

Back