Adapter fitting between male garden hose and beer faucet shank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a hand pump that I'd like to use for cleaning my 2 beer lines on the kegerator. Having an issue with finding the right adapter between the pump and the faucet-side of the faucet shank. I would like to screw directly in and clean the beer line in reverse normal operating direction. Any of y'all have insight or a part you can steer me towards? Simply put, I have a male garden hose ending on this line that I want to directly adapt to the shank.

I have seen some adapters that screw right on to the shank much like a faucet, but they end in barbs and I would like to be able to screw this current line on that ends in a male garden hose fitting rather than buy the barb style adapter and cut the tubing if I could.

Haven’t seen a faucet thread garden hose adapter.

Why not slip a piece of tubing onto the faucet and clean it in place too? Add a ball lock pass through fitting and connect both beer lines inside the kegerator and dump out the adjacent faucet? Switch faucets to get reverse flow in both directions.

There are rubber sleeves you can buy that have stainless pipe clamps on each end that can tighten. Some even have adapters to pipe thread on one side that would be adaptable to whatever. I would check put your local hardware store, look in the plumbing section near the faucets. Hope I could help a little!

Haven’t seen a faucet thread garden hose adapter.

Why not slip a piece of tubing onto the faucet and clean it in place too? Add a ball lock pass through fitting and connect both beer lines inside the kegerator and dump out the adjacent faucet? Switch faucets to get reverse flow in both directions.
I had thought about this, but I love to disassemble the facuets and get the internals cleaned that way. I think in the short run I will just use some on hand hosing I have and clamp it down onto the faucet end. Thanks all for the input!

This can be done. You'll need a brass adapter from a hardware store that will be female garden hose thread to a barb fitting, then a line cleaning adapter (from LHBS/Amazon) that will connect to your shank in place of the faucet, and have a barb to connect to the other end of the tubing from your garden hose adapter.

This can be done. You'll need a brass adapter from a hardware store that will be female garden hose thread to a barb fitting, then a line cleaning adapter (from LHBS/Amazon) that will connect to your shank in place of the faucet, and have a barb to connect to the other end of the tubing from your garden hose adapter.

That may be what I end up doing. I'd rather do that than to cut off and not use this nice hose fitting. Thanks!

Back