About to make a cyser and I'd like some advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samschilling

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum as a member and poster, but been reading for a while and decided to join the fray.

I just bought 2 lbs of honey from a local apiary, and I wanted to make a cyser that isn't super dry, still retains some of the sweetness while still having a good abv%.
The cider I use by itself has an O.G. of 1.044.
I think if I use the 2lbs with 4gals of cider I should get something close to 1.100, but I'm not quite sure.

My main question I'm here for is yeast. I can't really decide for myself what yeast will yield the final product I'm looking for.
Any suggestions?

I just bought 2 lbs of honey from a local apiary, and I wanted to make a cyser that isn't super dry, still retains some of the sweetness while still having a good abv%.
The cider I use by itself has an O.G. of 1.044.
I think if I use the 2lbs with 4gals of cider I should get something close to 1.100, but I'm not quite sure.

Two lbs of honey isn't much in 4 gallons of cider. You'll get an OG around 1.060.

Two lbs honey added to 1 gallon of cider would be around 1.110.

Good to know. Thank you! I'm very new to brewing, and I've only gotten three batches that came out good, compared to the 8 I've made.
I write everything down and try to improve a little every time.

Latest posts

Back