a new Video beer podcast - need your opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yea or nea

• Cool

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RoGuE_HAHG

Reaction score
I have been bugging my brewing buddy, who first showed the Catalyst fermentor that I use today, to start a podcast. Well, he's a football youtuber, so he just put it up there.
He asked me for feedback, but I am biased. Thought I'd post it here and see wha you guys think.
This is his try at walkin newbies through the homebrew process. I like it for the most part. What do you think?

Cheers!

Brewing Homebrew Beer - Homebrewing 101 | RGR Craft Podcast

I am definitely not a video making kind of a guy so take this criticism with a grain of salt. But since you asked for some feedback, here it goes.

When I first started brewing, the videos I found most helpful were mostly action and little talking. I felt this video was way too heavy on the chatter and it made it very easy to get lost in it all. If he has video of his entire brew day, show that with some commentary laid over it. Use graphics to underline important points like word definitions, temperature ranges, ingredient amounts etc.

Also it seemed like he kept wanting to go down random rabbit trails whether it was grain vs extract, types of equipment, bottling vs kegging, sanitation, water profiles etc. I would suggest making it less confusing and go down one street and avoid all the other options. Tell them upfront that this is looking at all grain brewing that kegs etc. Either go into detail with those ideas or avoid them all together.

That's my $0.02

Cheers [emoji482]

Too, long, too wordy....
There are already lots of how-to brew videos available, keep it short and sweet, show your method visually.

I don't see this a too wordy like others do but I do see opportunity to add graphics. Some simple charts and pictures superimposed over the explanations would do wonders to hold the viewers attention. Another tip is to have a plan for the video. Develop a clear beginning, middle and end. The most successful Youtube channels follow a script or at least a basic outline. Mine doesn't, but the successful ones do.

Back