A new day, a new lesson...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not the first to have discovered that and posted a picture. We've been discussing for years about why there aren't any SS ones out there where we CAN do what you attempted.

I did a 165 degree test last night and all was fine. Apparently I found the "sorta meltish" point. Next time immersion chiller then igloo chiller after or buy a pump and I am cheap. Other options? haha

I am sending my wort through my copper coil which is inserted in an ice bath. In my test it was way more efficient and uses less water so I thought I would go for it, I should have cooled first but I figured wtf lets see. Anyway I am drinking that beer even if its plasticy tasting... :tank:

I did a 165 degree test last night and all was fine. Apparently I found the "sorta meltish" point. Next time immersion chiller then igloo chiller after or buy a pump and I am cheap. Other options? haha

I just chill, THEN rack to my fermenter with my auto siphon...That way I can leave my hot AND cold breaks behind.

Back