A hearty howdy from Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Needsanamebrewery

Reaction score
A few years ago I had a Mr. Beer kit and brewed about 10 batches (some pretty good batches IMO), then the refridgerator in my garage went kaput so I stopped. Fast forward to a few months ago and my buddy's SWMBO "thanked" me for turning her husband into a beer snob. Fast forward a few weeks ago and my buddy decides he wants to start brewing beer so we went in and got some needed equipment.

During the past few weeks I have read these forums until my eyes bled, read the online version of "How to Brew", the paperback version (twice), and "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing". Tomorrow evening (finally!) is first batch day, a simple True Brew Pale Ale kit (full boil). Next week a Nut Brown Ale recipe from Beersmith.....then on to AG. I'd just as soon start AG but my brewbuddy wants to start simple to learn the process.

Thanks to you all for this wonderful forum. I have learned a great deal, and more importantly it has helped me ensure that I WILL NOT start a "is my beer ruined" thread, or, a "my grommet fell into the wort" thread. ;)

John

Welcome to the forum John. It's great that you took some time to research the hobby before hand, and we are still here to answer any questions you might have. Good Luck on that first batch.

Welcome John
where are you at in Ak
i am in OK real close to the state line,, i go to Ft Smith to shop and Fayetteville hit the bars a few times a year

Welcome to the Board there is a really great bunch of brewers here
its a good place to call home

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in WC Arkansas, a bit over an hour from Ft Smith and a bit under two hours from Fayetteville. I don't get to Ft Smith very often but I do get to Fayetteville quite a bit because of the Razorbacks, the beer selection at Liquor World, oh, and also because my brother lives there. I have a good friend who just moved to Chicago from Tahlequah.

Thanks again for the welcome, I have no doubt that this friendly and knowledgeable bunch will answer any questions that I might have.

Dave, thanks for the welcome! I was just in The Home Brewery last weekend.

Clayton, it's a small world! I used to go visit my buddy in Tahlequah every now and again. It's a nice drive up there from I-40.

Nice to see some fellow Arkansas brewers here. Welcome John!

My brother also lives in Fayetteville. Small world indeed.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Little Rock (Jacksonville actually). Don't know if you've heard, but there will be a homebrew competition this year for the state fair. :D

Terje

Terje, thanks for the welcome and I did indeed hear that there will be a homebrew competition at the state fair this year. Would that I had started a few months earlier so I could enter. Next year for sure.

Back