A good deal? or too big for homebrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a great deal if you have space and see yourself brewing 20+ gallon batches in the near future. A few people here ARE brewing that much (if not more).

Imagine cooling that large of a batch.

If you had a diesel, you'd be in great shape to make bio diesel from waste vegetable oil.

They sell new for $94 so I don't know whether it would be work $20 to get it used.

However, in the DIY section there are instructions for taking those containers and turning them into conicals. If my memory serves me right there is an issue getting them airtight.

They sell new for $94 so I don't know whether it would be work $20 to get it used.

However, in the DIY section there are instructions for taking those containers and turning them into conicals. If my memory serves me right there is an issue getting them airtight.
Wait....

there is a thread about turning a conical fermenter into a conical fermenter?

That must be the shortest DIY thread ever.

Imagine cooling that large of a batch.

If you had a diesel, you'd be in great shape to make bio diesel from waste vegetable oil.

It would be great for converting oil, but.....getting back to beer, with 30 gallons of wort in a container composed of a pretty good insulator, and about as wide as it is tall.....yeah, I would be concerned about cooling. I think moving to this container would demand a cooling system.

Yeah, but he is including the stand, which new would make it considerably more.

Wait....

lol I meant the conical containers from US Plastics, not the fermenter the guy is selling on craigslist. They still need the valves on the bottom and optionally a place for an airlock.

Wait....

I think he ment the thread about using a fermentation bucket and a funnel to build a conical.

But that is the post of the month right there, Walker!! :D :rockin: :mug:

Back