A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did everybody go?

Piano Man I thought the raja was good but it is not something I have tried again. I thought it was too bitter without enough Aroma and floral notes. Just had Melvin 2 x 4 IPA from Wyoming that one's pretty good , I love Firestone Walker double Jack, lately I have been drinking a ton of elevated IPA from La Cumbre it won Gold Medal at Great American Beer Fest I love that one. I have been enjoying station 26 Brewery in Denver does a single hop series and it's really good a $9 six pack.
Have you ever tried Maharaja I haven't but would like to
Any thoughts on that space dust IPA?
I tell you what I like that stone ruination 2.0 2

When I saw the "best by" date I assumed it had to be 6 months from canning...which is ridiculous in my mind for a dipa. Then I opened the box and found the packaging date. Really sixpoint...a 10 month freshness date on your ipa??? Your beer isn't really anything special when it's fresh, so no reason to ever but your stuff again.

20160424_170549.jpg

20160424_170545.jpg

When I saw the "best by" date I assumed it had to be 6 months from canning...which is ridiculous in my mind for a dipa. Then I opened the box and found the packaging date. Really sixpoint...a 10 month freshness date on your ipa??? Your beer isn't really anything special when it's fresh, so no reason to ever but your stuff again.

That's how Founders is out here. I understand it's over a thousand miles but still, we can get fresh produce across the country faster. All Day IPA showed up in early January and it was bottled 10/11/15. No thanks.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1461532692.694198.jpg

That's how Founders is out here. I understand it's over a thousand miles but still, we can get fresh produce across the country faster. All Day IPA showed up in early January and it was bottled 10/11/15. No thanks.

View attachment 351712

I understand logistical hurdles...I deal with them in my line of work. But to have a "best by" date (which means nothing to me) on the outside of the box, and then you hide the packaging date on the inside of the box is just blatant misdirection. If I were a commercial brewer I would have some pride in my hoppy beers and not want anyone to drink them after 3 months max.

man, that got there quick. FedEx isnt fooling around

View attachment 351712

A friend dropped off some All Day as a thank you, that exact date, he's not a beer guy.
Hi all:D

Yeah, 6 months is kind of a stretch. I try to shoot for 3 months when buying or brewing hoppy beers.

@hunter can you please share a recipe. I've been wanting to make fruit beer but don't feel comfortable using a secondary and I'm afraid if I don't add the fruit to the Beer racked off the yeast it will not be as good.

@hunter can you please share a recipe. I've been wanting to make fruit beer but don't feel comfortable using a secondary and I'm afraid if I don't add the fruit to the Beer racked off the yeast it will not be as good.

This thread is a really good place to start. It's super easy and very tasty. I've made the OP's recipe several times, and it's great as-is, and it's also a good starting point for experimentation.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=117117

I'd recommend trying the colonel's original recipe first though, before making any changes.

Here's another interpretation I've been meaning to try, but haven't yet. Sounds interesting though.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=147726

Where did everybody go?

Piano Man I thought the raja was good but it is not something I have tried again. I thought it was too bitter without enough Aroma and floral notes. Just had Melvin 2 x 4 IPA from Wyoming that one's pretty good , I love Firestone Walker double Jack, lately I have been drinking a ton of elevated IPA from La Cumbre it won Gold Medal at Great American Beer Fest I love that one. I have been enjoying station 26 Brewery in Denver does a single hop series and it's really good a $9 six pack.
Have you ever tried Maharaja I haven't but would like to
Any thoughts on that space dust IPA?
I tell you what I like that stone ruination 2.0 2

Funny, it was between a 4pk of Raja or 2xJack, but been on an Avery thing and it was a dollar less. I did enjoy it much, but no Waldo. Others I have not tried. Only Stone IPA i really liked was Ruinten, but been a while.

And welcome to the forum! Need some new blood here..

Kegged the 10g of biscuit-DEM-porter. SRM was a bit lighter than I hoped for. But for room temp, uncarbed, ~3.4%ABV beer, it tasted pretty good.

Need to decide if I'm gonna make Gavin's MDINO this coming weekend or not....

(Munich Dunkel in Name Only)

Kegged the 10g of biscuit-DEM-porter. SRM was a bit lighter than I hoped for. But for room temp, uncarbed, ~3.4%ABV beer, it tasted pretty good.

Need to decide if I'm gonna make Gavin's MDINO this coming weekend or not....

(Munich Dunkel in Name Only)

Brewed up a Dunkel on Saturday. New and improved recipe.

Love a nice Dunkel so I do.

I bet that's some good water tho.

Probably Tampa-style whatever that is.

beer_390289.jpg

Wow. Two years. I think the last few pours on my keg are about there. How many batches do you have waiting in the wings?

0 :(

I don't drink it very often so it just sits there in the kegerator. This is the second batch I've made. I sort of forget about it for months on end. A friend was over last weekend and he always wants some. Fresh in my mind so had some too. It's gotta be nearly gone soon. Can't be much more than a gallon there. I probably should make some more.

I am the same way. I don't drink it often but have friends who love it. It does get better with age though so I am not worried about it.

So how do you set trade up. Also man I wish I could play piano better. I mean I can play pop music in all but I want to play Beethoven. I want to read music better.

Back