A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replace cookie with chicken strips and beer and your pretty much there.

On it Champ(s)?

tumblr_ml76nfkPKJ1rjo45go1_400.gif

drinking-level-german_o_552233.gif

Somehow I misunderstood my mom when she said I should work with a**holes. I didn't realize she meant I should become a proctologist.

Somehow I misunderstood my mom when she said I should work with a**holes. I didn't realize she meant I should become a proctologist.

Haha. And you are inkleg if they are connected please don't tell me how! You remember the Seinfeld about the proctologist.

So i have a keg of coors light and this my Belgian wit so just assume if I'm drinking a beer it's one of the two because it's all I got

Upon cleaning my garage out this weekend I realized I had about two cases of various beers just hanging around. Since my work schedule sucks and I don't get home until almost midnight and sleep has been weird I decided to say f the 'cellar' and just drink it. Tonight, like last night I am having a 2014 Ten Fidy.

Upon cleaning my garage out this weekend I realized I had about two cases of various beers just hanging around. Since my work schedule sucks and I don't get home until almost midnight and sleep has been weird I decided to say f the 'cellar' and just drink it. Tonight, like last night I am having a 2014 Ten Fidy.

I must grab some of that some time. That was some box you sent '77. Amazing .

I must grab some of that some time. That was some box you sent '77. Amazing .

It's good. The age does not hurt it in the least, may actually improve it some. The hotter alcohol burn is gone. It seems maltier and strangely more complex.

Thanks. That box was overdue but @banesong and I owed it to him and decided that we would send it off after he forgot about it.

Wow, how does it age.

I apparently had saved a 4 pack from each year and drank one when I re-found them. Only have one 13 left. 2 14's and I don't know how many of last years. Good stuff. Not cheap though.

Rather well. See above. I have 2013, 2014, and 2015. I want to do a vertical next brew day with my buddy but fear we may get too drunk doing so.

Nice, im envious and impressed. Do you think you could tell in blind triangle new vs. Old? Hey how you get that i hope trade, i was in Florida during spring break just dying to try something new and the first place i stop is filled with new Belgium beers from my hometown. I was wanting funky budha.

10 to 12 for 4 here. Lyons Colorado is in a canyon next to estes park, which is home to rocky mtn national park. Surprisingly oscar blues survived a flood a couple years ago. Road washed away and basically there was no way in or out place was devastated

View attachment 1461732362287.jpg

Nice, im envious and impressed. Do you think you could tell in blind triangle new vs. Old? Hey how you get that i hope trade, i was in Florida during spring break just dying to try something new and the first place i stop is filled with new Belgium beers from my hometown. I was wanting funky budha.

Well, I have yet to do the vertical, but I am pretty sure I could tell the difference between an aged one and a fresh one. The fresh ones tend to be boozier where in the older ones the alcohol hides really well and seems more complex and slightly sweet. I actually got them at the local large bottle shop. I say that with the availability you have for it throw a 4 pack in a closet somewhere and forget it for a while and see for yourself. I aged it because I could. Worked out for me

Well, I have yet to do the vertical, but I am pretty sure I could tell the difference between an aged one and a fresh one. The fresh ones tend to be boozier where in the older ones the alcohol hides really well and seems more complex and slightly sweet. I actually got them at the local large bottle shop. I say that with the availability you have for it throw a 4 pack in a closet somewhere and forget it for a while and see for yourself. I aged it because I could. Worked out for me

I'm still waiting to do my 2012 to 2016 tasting of goose Island Sophie. The weird thing is, from drinking each of them in the last few months 2016 is my favorite, 2015 definitely my bottom and the other three in between. That sAys quality control to me more than the nuances of a 20%Brett. Aged beer

Something like ten fidy. Has got to only improve

QOTD: What's your favorite steakhouse side dish?

Went out to a team celebration dinner at a local steakhouse in Columbus. The steak was decent, but inconsistent between diners (I got a good one, but the guy next to me barely had any sear at all).

The client ate all the creamed spinach before it got down to me, but I had some nice roasted brussel sprouts with plenty of bacon.

QOTD: Depends on the place, generic chains; loaded baked potato. Mom and pop steak house; mushrooms and roasted veggies.

QOTD: Simple creamy mashed/smashed potatoes. I shape them like a berm to coral the effusion of delicious juices from the steak.

(Not a fan of US steakhouses to be honest. The meat is typically overseasoned for my tastes. )

(Not a fan of US steakhouses to be honest. The meat is typically overseasoned for my tastes. )

Last night's was a bit too salty for me. My wife doesn't eat beef, so I typically don't eat steak at home.

I'm sure @BeerMeDuffMan has an opinion on this topic.

QOTD: Boring potato too. Either baked or mashed, both are glorious to me. There's something so simple and great about a steak and potato. I always go for blue cheese dressing if there's salad with the steak.

QOTD: roast veggies usually. Sometimes the taters, but kinda moving away from eating taters all the time.

Last night's was a bit too salty for me. My wife doesn't eat beef, so I typically don't eat steak at home.

I'm sure @BeerMeDuffMan has an opinion on this topic.

Same here. My wife is not a big fan of steak. When I grill them I keep it very simple.

My guess is theat @beermeduffman would have a preference for a side of bacon and bacon related accessories.

QOTD: Simple creamy mashed/smashed potatoes. I shape them like a berm to coral the effusion of delicious juices from the steak.

Playing with yer food ,, eh!! ...

QOTD: roast veggies usually. Sometimes the taters, but kinda moving away from eating taters all the time.

Yeah, at home it's usually veggies, but when eating out its nice to go all out. I know they'll put way more salt, sour cream, bacon, etc. on it than I ever would at home.

Latest posts

Back