A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who you callin scruffy looking?

Do we have a problem?

giphy.gif

@iijakii paging @iijakii to the front desk.

Poor guy probably got so druck last night without us, he's probably still sleeping. And then he probably had a very realistic dream that we got the permaban, so he hasn't even signed on today.

If he doesn't respond soon, we will probably need to send out a search party.

Ok @Mhurst111
I think I could pick the loserest team by the end of the day. I have a bottom two in mind and I'm almost positive it would be close.

It was more of a joke, but if people want to do a cellar dweller pool among friendly friends, I can organize it. something simple.
1. pick a team to finish dead last in MLB
2. Give total wins by that team as tie breaker (Price is right rules: closest without going over)
3. Must PM me by this Saturday night (midnight Mountain Daylight Time)

Everyone who does agrees to send at least 1 bottle of commercial or home brew to the winner.

I'll post of up the guesses sometime on Sunday for all to see.

Any issues with this?

It was more of a joke, but if people want to do a cellar dweller pool among friendly friends, I can organize it. something simple.

2. Give total wins by that team as tie breaker (Price is right rules: closest without going over)

Everyone who does agrees to send at least 1 bottle of commercial or home brew to the winner.

Any issues with this?

My only issue is that sounds like a made-up time zone.

Like our new amzeballs closer that isn't closing games?

Whitecaps fans are the worst! And you smell like the Grand River. And you've awesome beer at your ball park. :(

Love, Loons fans everywhere

You're just plain loony. That left field concourse bar is the best. They always have a good selection.

You're just plain loony. That left field concourse bar is the best. They always have a good selection.

Theres a bunch of stuff that just came out to different parks that just sounds mouth watering. I can't remember which park had it, but it was a bacon wrapped, tempura fried hot dog with a spicy kimchi...man that sounded good

Yes, baseball sucks

see my earlier post. I agree. Gambling on it makes it bearable. This format allows me to gamble and not pay any attention to it until late September.

I have been to 2-3 games a year over the past 5 years, none paid for by me and I couldn't tell you who won or even who was playing.

Moundball & people watching are the only things that makes the games interesting.

see my earlier post. I agree. Gambling on it makes it bearable. This format allows me to gamble and not pay any attention to it until late September.

I have been to 2-3 games a year over the past 5 years, none paid for by me and I couldn't tell you who won or even who was playing.

Moundball & people watching are the only things that makes the games interesting.

Philly beer selection + Chickee and Pete's Crab fries make anything at Citizens Bank Park bearable.

Before this thread was rudely interrupted with Star Wars trivia, we were talking baseball.

Do we need a cellar dweller bet? Team with the worst record at the end of the season gets beer from the others? I got CO Rockies over here. :)

Let's do it. I got Cincinnati Reds.

190 posts in 2 hours. Guess it'll give me something to read at work.

Glad to be back!

Theres a bunch of stuff that just came out to different parks that just sounds mouth watering. I can't remember which park had it, but it was a bacon wrapped, tempura fried hot dog with a spicy kimchi...man that sounded good

Whatever The Rangers are calling their park these days has really stepped up their food and beer game. Good to know that I can pay $10 for a decent beer or $8 for a bad one. I'll pony up the extra 2 for a short pour, no biggie. Didn't make a game last season, but I'ma try to get the boy to one this year. He'll love that crap.

Can't watch baseball on TV without falling asleep, but I'll go to any park any time.

Any issues with this?

I have my gut saying one team, but I'm going to do like 5 minutes research on this. Just posting more as a reminder to myself

Whatever The Rangers are calling their park these days has really stepped up their food and beer game. Good to know that I can pay $10 for a decent beer or $8 for a bad one. I'll pony up the extra 2 for a short pour, no biggie. Didn't make a game last season, but I'ma try to get the boy to one this year. He'll love that crap.

Can't watch baseball on TV without falling asleep, but I'll go to any park any time.

Get Hammels to sign something for me.

Any issues with this?

I always thought MDT stood for Mountain Dew Time! Learn something every day...

I honestly don't know how you cannot like baseball.

I think all the green space on screen just shuts me down. Golf does it too. I love the game so much, and I follow box scores like an old man in the paper. I just can't watch it without passing out.

You're still not over that?

Over it? I welcomed it...gave him a chance to get another ring and got us a step in the right direction to rebuilding. It was a win for everybody with that trade. I liked him as a pitcher and he really gave back a lot to the community as well. He's always been a stand up guy, IMO

If you don't like baseball, you're watching the wrong team.. maybe.. try out a Pirates game for example! It's a lot different if you see people having fun and smiling while they play a game.

Back