A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damnit, i havent seen a single release of this since 12/31/15. Have htey changed the recipe up at all yet? or you think its the same?

They did unfiltered IPA and black IPA 2/14/16. I don't think they did a "regular" then. I had the unfiltered and really liked it. I like this one better than the December version. Seems like the same overall recipe to me though.

The snow was blowing right in your face & the only people sticking around were the sales people, so I bailed.
View attachment 347937

Ewww. They must have built that one poorly then. The one near my house wind typically comes from behind (heh) which helps your distance, plus they can close it off some to pretty much stop the wind in the covered area.

Is that one of the pay by the hour ones or is it the old style?

Ewww. They must have built that one poorly then. The one near my house wind typically comes from behind (heh) which helps your distance, plus they can close it off some to pretty much stop the wind in the covered area.

Is that one of the pay by the hour ones or is it the old style?

It's been open around 8 months or so. I guess you pay buy the hour, I've only gone as a client with someone else paying. I'd guess 75-80% of the time wind wouldn't be an issue here, but today it was.

Rough draft of my Imperial Stout recipe is completed. Aiming for ~9.5%. Brewing 10gal, and aging for 6 months with a mix of medium american/french oak cubes that will have been soaking in bourbon for 1 month prior to adding.

Looking to brew it in ~1 month. Bulk age in secondary carboys, and bottle in Dec2016. I'll be aging some of the bottles to try again in 2017, 2018 etc

I've made multiple beers that have made friends and family say "Holy crap", but I want this one to knock them off their feet.

I like bourbon night caps depending on how much I have already had to drink.

I say not bourbon, but that's only because my half gallon bourbon nightcap the other night made yesterday suck something terrible.

Someone has to drink all these sours, so I guess it's going to be a two nightcap night. Sour for now - having OEC's Oudilis. We'll see if I make it to bourbon.

I say not bourbon, but that's only because my half gallon bourbon nightcap the other night made yesterday suck something terrible.

I thought every day sucks for you? Don't blame this on bourbon. Speaking of bourbon I should have added a splash to this old Rasputin

Rough draft of my Imperial Stout recipe is completed. Aiming for ~9.5%. Brewing 10gal, and aging for 6 months with a mix of medium american/french oak cubes that will have been soaking in bourbon for 1 month prior to adding.

Looking to brew it in ~1 month. Bulk age in secondary carboys, and bottle in Dec2016. I'll be aging some of the bottles to try again in 2017, 2018 etc

I've made multiple beers that have made friends and family say "Holy crap", but I want this one to knock them off their feet.

You can shorten that schedule by ~4 months and have a great beer a lot faster.

But have fun. It's your beer.

I thought every day sucks for you? Don't blame this on bourbon. Speaking of bourbon I should have added a splash to this old Rasputin

You have a point, but I'm not blaming it on the bourbon. Just poor decision making on my part. The bourbon just did it's job. It was unable to make me stop pouring, though. ;)

You can shorten that schedule by ~4 months and have a great beer a lot faster.

But have fun. It's your beer.

I'm in no rush with this one. I just want it to be kickass come winter. The more time it has to leech flavour out of the oak cubes the better IMO

I'm a bit sauced.. apart from timeline, how do you think the recipe looks?

Back