A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not drinking anything at the moment, but for some reason I'm daydreaming about bacon jam.

homer bacon.jpg

This is already my most successful thread, I think. Rad.

At Walgreens drinking nothing, waiting on a scrip for the eldest Chuck Taylor collector.

That pale mild looks awesome.

It's basically the same beer, just drop the 150L crystal, cut the 45L crystal to 8 instead of 10 oz, cut the dark chocolate back to 2 oz instead of 6, and add a pound of base malt to make up the difference. Comes in about 0.2% higher ABV (3% instead of 2.8%) due to 0.5°P higher OG and a 0.25°P lower FG.

Brought the festivus pole over to the inlaws on Xmas. Brother in law, father in law, father in law's wife, mother in law, all got a kick out of it. Brother in law's idiot wife didn't get it. She's awful. (wait, is that over the line even if she'll never in her life be on HBT?)

I'd say it's more like thousands.

Hope this catches on. Because, let's face it, if the only thing ever posted in the other thread is pictures of beer and a brief comment about it, that will just be boring.
Off topic: still drinking the same high SG juice medley I was earlier.

Completely agree. Just like the "What are you brewing this weekend" thread. I can only take that one page a sitting.

Still not sure what to do with this oniony red ale. Thought it would age out, but it's not looking that way. Maybe cooking chili with it would work. If I was making 50 gallons of chili.

Where did WAYDN go? Lol... can't see it anymore.

Edit: nvmd, genpopped.

Now that we're all on @hunter_la5 's ignore list I guess now would be the time to poke holes in his mash-tun sanitizer and besmirch his schitzophrenic avatar.

I'm going to miss um.. all that info sharing, going on.. over there. About beer. So much info.

LOL. But that is kind of the point, right? The off-topic fun stuff took over and the beer sharing info just dwindled. Now we'll see if people really want to share info on what they are drinking. If it withers, so be it, but I suspect it won't. We'll see.

Brought the festivus pole over to the inlaws on Xmas. Brother in law, father in law, father in law's wife, mother in law, all got a kick out of it. Brother in law's idiot wife didn't get it. She's awful. (wait, is that over the line even if she'll never in her life be on HBT?)

I'd say it's more like thousands.

I don't much like her.

I just hope I keep my threads apart. I like banter and beer. And Banter about beer. I would not have met you bunch of jerks had I not started following the what are you pretending to be drinking thread in the first place. True, it has strayed. But it always has.

Gah, I need a beer.

Now where should I have posted that? Here and wait for there until I have one, or...

Nothing against people who actually get to work at home, drink at work, or not work and day drink anyway. Everything against the ones that don't want you to talk unless you're doing the same. Salty.

what about those of us who drink while working at home? i feel left out... by the way, good (insert your time of day here), everyone :mug:

No cat gifs yet. WTF

This one's for you CAD lest you wander elsewhere on the net.

('77, you gotta apeal to your base if you want this thread to blossom and leaving folks to wonder in years to come what is it you are currently up to).

yjpcltx9o0wkjedmylji.gif

Back