A few Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarBac

Reaction score
Brewed my third batch last Saturday (Cherry Wheat). It has been fermenting @ 62 for a week. At some point do I want to raise the temp? Does it help or hurt after primary is done to raise the temp (clearing, off flavors, etc)? Also I am going to use an extract from the LBWS. Should I add it ( 4oz. ) to the Secondary or into the keg? Lastly can I cold crash in my keg before I start to force carb? Thanks for the help. Oh yeah and the wife asks me last night, Are you planning on doing this "brewing" all year round? Funny stuff and yes, yes I will.

Raising temp will help it finish off.

Add the extract to the keg. Helps retain the aroma.

I don't keg so someone else will have to chime in on your last question, but I think it is OK.

To answer your keg question...

I cold crash my keg while force carbing... Here's what I do 9 times out of 10, depending on the beer. I rack to the keg from the fermenter. Then put the gas on and purge out O2 for a bit then place in the keg fridge with the gas at ~10-15 psi or so for a week. Then I dial it down to serving pressure and pour a pint.

The first pint (maybe two) has a bit of trub in it, but the rest are crystal clear. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back