A 419

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
Just got my johnson controls a419 plugged it in and plugged frig to it
set temp and nothing.do i need to set the jumper for cooling
or is it defaulted for that?:mug:

anti short cycle delay might have kicked in. check the setting and you then have to wait that amount of time for the fridge to kick back on. Mine is set to 12 minutes so once it cycles off its not coming back on for at least 12 minutes.

anti short cycle delay might have kicked in. check the setting and you then have to wait that amount of time for the fridge to kick back on. Mine is set to 12 minutes so once it cycles off its not coming back on for at least 12 minutes.

the controller locks? if locked would the power to the frig cut off?

OK, mine wasnt wired at all, open the box and check to see if there is a wire running form no to no(normally open. if all else fails but it should be good to go.

There are 5 ways to wire this unit depending on what you are using so make sure it was wired for your purpose and I believe the way you need it is no to load and C to 120v on upper as the jumper.

There are 5 ways to wire this unit depending on what you are using so make sure it was wired for your purpose and I believe the way you need it is no to load and C to 120v on upper as the jumper.

there is a black wire that is in c then connects to 120.Should i move it to no?

Wiring Diagram

a419_dwg_1_.jpg

If they are only on the left leg, they are "off", not jumping anything. Read Table 2, Jumper position- removed.

It sound like you have everything set correctly, and may have a defective unit.

If they are only on the left leg, they are "off", not jumping anything. Read Table 2, Jumper position- removed.

It sound like you have everything set correctly, and may have a defective unit.

I see the table where it says removed,If you look above that it shows both jumpers on left leg for cooling mode cut-in @ set point?
Should i just pull both completely off?

If it is on the left leg only, it is the same as pulling it off completely. The jumper works as a "piggy tail" connecting the two posts, and shorting across them. With it on one only, it is doing nothing.

If it is on the left leg only, it is the same as pulling it off completely. The jumper works as a "piggy tail" connecting the two posts, and shorting across them. With it on one only, it is doing nothing.

i will check the delay when i get home.As you said it may be a defective
unit.Thanks for your help and happy new year"cheers!:mug:

Also, the delay would be good to check. I know I put mine on a heater in ferm chamber the other day, and it took 6-7 minutes to come on.

Any luck??

well the power is on now.question when display reads 47 degrees and i want to lower it to 45 degrees(set point) .the compreesor cycles but temp does not stay @ set point it wanders back up to 47?

It will not hold it. It would be continually cycling. What do you have the dif set at? Normally You will have a swing in temp whatever it is set at.
But you have it set for cut in right? It should drop below the set poit the dif amount.
What do you have the asd set at?

I just got one today, so I'm no expert. What is the Differential set at. I'm making a lager and want my temp at 52. I set the dif (differential) at 1. so it goes a degree up one or down one from 52.

It will not hold it. It would be continually cycling. What do you have the dif set at? Normally You will have a swing in temp whatever it is set at.
But you have it set for cut in right? It should drop below the set poit the dif amount.
What do you have the asd set at?

i set the dif to 1 it was 5

I just got one today, so I'm no expert. What is the Differential set at. I'm making a lager and want my temp at 52. I set the dif (differential) at 1. so it goes a degree up one or down one from 52.

I have my dif set @ one but does not hold

Back