90’s Party Pig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMoon’s87

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m a home brewer in search of a 90’s party pig to keg my next brew.
I understand the mfg. has gone out of business, but hoping for someone with a similar product

Do you have kegging equipment already? If not, this is the time.

If you want something smaller than a 5 gallon keg, get a 2.5 gallon Torpedo keg.
At least it isn't a toy, and can hold, well, 2.5 gallons of beer, perfect for a small party/club meeting, gathering.

Thanks. I will look into the torpedo keg. The Party Pig was always my favorite go to in the 90’s. That also held 2.25 gals. of beer.
thanks again for the info

2.5 gallons of beer, perfect for a small party/club meeting, gathering.

LOL, just don't invite me to this party....i'd just crack the top and drink straight from the 'keg'.....

i'd say 2 liter bottles might be an option though....4x 2 liters would be 2 gallons +

edit: if you don't have a co2 tank, maybe one of those 2 liter carb caps, and one of the little 1oz carb adapters.....

https://www.morebeer.com/products/c...WP-2bED5TjIuHRmRZP36VLR9hUbGZdj0aAlqOEALw_wcB
https://www.morebeer.com/products/mini-co2-regulator.html
https://www.morebeer.com/products/co2-cartridge-74.html
something like that....i'm getting ready for work, so i've been drinking.....and if that sounds weird, i'm hiring my boss to work at my place today, so i'm going to have a good time!!!

Last edited:
I was shocked, and appalled at the price of those small single use CO2 cartridges... 74 g @ $13.00!
That's not even 3 oz of CO2, and they can't be detached for later reuse.

If you're serious about brewing, buy a 20# CO2 tank and regulator. The CO2 comes in handy for more than just force carbonating and dispensing. I pay $26 for a 20# tank swap.

Now for on the go, that 20# tank can be a drag, literally. So a small, dedicated refillable 2.5# or even 5# CO2 tank may be a good option if you do this regularly. Some LHBS fill CO2 tanks. One of mine does, at a stunning price of $3.60 a pound, but it's a very decent for a 2.5# "portable" CO2 tank and a bargain compared to the single use cartridges.
Or fill paintball tanks.

Just voicing some alternatives and options.

I have 2 3 gallon legs in a Coleman cooler with taps and 12oz co2 paintball tank.

Recently picked up a spotted dog keg cap for growlers. I use pet growlers with it. Yeah the screw in co2 cartridges are a little pricey, but I dispensed 4 growlers with one and I think it had one more in it. I use a cooler bag with a can flap on top and just feed the picnic tap out of it.

Mainly got it for the pool and lake to use with my cooler raft. Pouring from a growler is not easy when sitting on a pool noodle in the water.

Plus it's cool.

I was shocked, and appalled at the price of those small single use CO2 cartridges... 74 g @ $13.00!

i didn't even look at the price...probably could pick them up at the HW store also....? (i'd imagine the $13 price is the "free shipping")

you and @NitrogenWidget probably has a better idea with the paintball tank.....

Back