• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan 9.2 Gallon Stout Electric HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Reaction score
9.2 Gallon Hot Liquor Tank by Stout with Thermowell, Raised HERMS Coil, Sight Glass, One Element Port and Recirculation Fitting

Sanitary 3/4" ball valve (5/8" ID)
1.5" Tri-Clamps with gaskets
(4) Sanitary 1/2" Hose Barbs
(1) 1" NSP Adapter
Welded-in 3" Thermowell with 1/2" NPT fitting
Sanitary Sight Glass
Upper recirculation fitting
Diameter = 12.5"; Height = 20"; Steel Gauge = 1.2mm

(reckless use of commas and bad sentence structure ahead)

What's up! I'm getting rid of this HLT. It has held water exactly one time just to make sure everything was in order. Since then I've upgrade a bit and it's been sitting on my bottom shelf for about 7 months. Stout makes these for 603 + Shipping.

Everything above is included. I will also included a stainless steel liquid tight RTD temperature sensor with NPT (tapered) thread (6ft), and 5500W Heating element, both pre-assembled by the guys over at theelectricbrewery.com (Thanks kal!). Which can be seen, still in there packing material, in the photos. Total cost for these items is $260.

For a grand total of $863 + Shipping in items.

I'm asking $500 + Shipping (Local Pickup is Free - Upper Michigan) for the whole shebang. For what is essentially brand new equipment.

*Note, I will knock off 50 or so dollars if you decide you don't want the heating element or temp sensor.

Front.jpg

Herms.jpg

Side.jpg

Last edited:
Taking offers, so offer up!

As for shipping the easiest way to do it is to charge a flat rate.

Shipping: $45.00 to anywhere in the continental 48 states. Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada is going to be extra.

If shipping to your area costs more I'll foot the bill (within reason).

To answer your specific question it would cost a total of 69.53 to ship it to your zip code. 45 from you, the remainder I would take care of

I'm very interested in the element and quite possibly the whole thing -- is the element one of the newer stainless ones?

No unfortunately it's not. I bought the element September 2014, I think the new stainless ones came out this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back