8 Gallon Brewcraft Buckets and Peppers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadDoc

Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge on this? These buckets are always my primary for beer and wine. I know they have one hell of a coating on them as I have been using them for up to 3-4 years now and they have yet to be stain (red wines have sat in them for 6+ months) and months of dried krausen comes off with a little bit of pressure from water alone!

Is there anything to worry about pepper (Jalapenos) flavor/heat being absorbed into the plastic? Simple clean/sanitize and they are fine?

I will tell you that hot peppers will make a plastic cutting board "unusable" for any normal use, so I would assume a bucket would do the same. This is even after multiple soaks and more than a few trips through the dishwasher.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I will tell you that hot peppers will make a plastic cutting board "unusable" for any normal use, so I would assume a bucket would do the same. This is even after multiple soaks and more than a few trips through the dishwasher.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I hear that a lot but I swear I must have a magical cutting board (20+ years old actually) and even hab's never seem to stay on it. I do coat the board in liquid dish "soap" for at least 30 minutes before I wash it plus a dash of fresh citrus juice sometimes as well before the clean.

If not, I have a dedicated pepper bucket. I have at least 5 of these so if 1 is "ruined" its not a huge deal.

Back