6 Days??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk7728

Reaction score
Is this right? I just brewed a lower gravity beer (1.043), last Sunday to be precise, and now 6 days later hitting my estimated gravity 1.014. I used wyeast 1272, 1L starter using a stir plate, and fermenting at a stable 65F

Sounds about right to me. I would probably kick the temp up a few degrees to help the yeast clean up any mess (diacytal) they made for a few days and then commence with bottling/kegging.

fwiw, I've had 60-point batches hit FG in just three days - and controlled to 65°F at that. Sometimes the yeast just have it going on :)

Cheers!

Almost everything I brew tends to finish in about 4-5 days as cool as 58F (I only brew ales)..

I've had low OG beers finish fermenting in 24 hours, so it's not unusual for most beers to be done by day 3-5. I like to wait until the beer has been done for at least three days and then starting to clear before bottling.

If you bottle a murky beer, you'll just have a ton of more crud in the bottle. I'd wait until the beer was clear before bottling, whether that's two more days or two weeks.

Back