6.5 Gal. Glass Carboy For 35$ and 5 Gal. Glass Carboy For 30$, Think I Should Get Em?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slingshot81

Reaction score
So, as the title states, I just heard of a deal, thing I should grab em? I'm new to brewing but I think these would be pretty useful. Would also look nice full of some cider or mead.

Whaddya think?:mug:

I just got a couple from my LHBS for a little less. Obviously no shipping cost but 7% tax. Also check Craig's list.

Personally I prefer plastic carboys because they are usually cheaper, lighter, not as slippery when wet, larger opening, and I have bad luck with glass.

Well they are fairly local, about a 45 min ride from me.

At a Homebrew Store they would be about 43 for the 5 gal and 50 for the 6.5

Have you included the price of the gas to drive that far? Are you sure that they are worth that much more than a plastic fermenter bucket in price and safety?

I just had a mishap with glass yesterday and while I didn't get hurt at all it sure brings safety to the front. My mishap was dropping 3 full bottles onto a concrete floor and I spent a couple hours trying to find and pick up all the glass.

you guys must have good prices at your LHBSes. Cheapest I can get 6 gallon ones for are $30 shipping included on Amazon. Otherwise, they're all $40 plus over my way.

Back