• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50qt Aluminum Pot and Bayou SP10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: Yeah, I'm going to try to sell this.
The burner is a Bayou SP60, not a SP10

Sold!

This is not an official listing yet. I want to go all electric, but would like sell my gas stuff first. Looking to see if there’s interest here and if it’s even worth getting rid of it. The pot is an aluminum NSF Royal 50 quart that has a wall thickness that’s over 3/16” and includes a lid.. It has a stainless ball valve and 3” face thermometer from Bargain Fittings. The burner is an old Bayou Classic SP60 and I’ll throw in a 20lb tank. Local pick-up only (Stockton, NJ area.)

I’d rather not take less than $100 (more is always better ;) ), but don’t know if that’s realistic. If there’s any interest I’ll get some pictures up.

So the question is, what is this stuff worth used?

Hmmm... The pot and the burner together retail new for around $100, the ball valve for $35, plus $6.50 if it has the nipple, $26 for the thermo and $6.50 for the kit to install. New retail would then be $174 without labor for install.

I'd probably take it all for $100, just not sure if I want to go bigger than 50qt right now. A second burner would save some effort and a little time...You're a 2.5 hour round trip car drive from me too...

The goods . . .

Pot4Sale_2lr.jpg

Pot4Sale_1.jpg

50qt Aluminum Pot

Lid

Shipping quote to 61108? If you're willing to ship the pot, lid, and burner. I wouldn't need the burner stand though, just the regulator, hose, and burner itself. PM me if you want to deal. Thanks

I've updated the original post to indicate that this stuff really is for sale.

A revision is that I took a closer look at the burner. It says Bayou Classic on the face plate and I thought it was a SP10. I looked at the side sticker and it says Barbour International Model# SP60 with a 55,000 BTU rating. They both use the same BG10 High Pressure Cast Iron Burner, but it looks like the stand on mine might be beefier.

I bought it used thinking I'd use it for an HLT and use my SQ14 for the boil, but converted the HLT to electric so I never used the burner. The burner itself is rusty, but I just gave it a try and it fired up fine.

There have been some people asking about shipping. If I can't find someone local I'll look into that, but would like to avoid it.
There's also been some local interest. I'll take that first come, first serve.

The price is $100 and I don't want to break it up.

Close-up of burner (nothing some ScotchBrite or sandblasting won't make look better.)

Pot4Sale_5.jpg

Back