4th Year Plant Maintenance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate4g63

Reaction score
For anyone that has established plants, how far of a good trimming should I do as far as what's under the ground? I have shoots pretty far from the original planting spot. Just curious on what everyone does for crown trimming. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully they're planted such that you can dig 360 degrees around them as the rhizomes tend to radiate/grow outward like the spokes on a bicycle wheel. Just take a spade and dig a trench around the whole crown (about a foot away from the center) and clip any rhizomes that have formed back as close to the crown as possible. Any progress made at Blue Canoe yet?

Yeah I can easily get to them from all sides, I just wasn't sure how close to get.

They are still working on the cleanup of the entire building. A few large cranes are there removing the upper floors. Its a slow process but as soon as they can get back at it they will be!

Latest posts

Back