• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania 4" SS shanks w/ barb for sale or trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snicklefritz

Reaction score
So I decided to update my kegerator to bev flex tubing and that has been a very frustrating process. After struggling with trying to get the bevflex tubing over the barbs on my shanks, I am giving up and going with John Guest fittings. My problem is, the shanks have the barbs attached to the shank with no way to remove them and so no way to actually use the John Guest fittings. I would prefer to do a straight up trade with someone who has 4" SS Shanks without the barb attached but would also just sell them for $42 shipped for all 3 or $16 shipped each. Will ship or do local.

41-dyNa1jLL.jpg

That would work. May need something a little smaller for better precision. Any chance you have a dremel? You would only need two bits I would think. A cutting wheel and an abrasive bit to smooth off any rough edges.

That would work. May need something a little smaller for better precision. Any chance you have a dremel? You would only need two bits I would think. A cutting wheel and an abrasive bit to smooth off any rough edges.

I do have a dremel but I didnt think the cutting wheel would hack it on SS.

It may take a Dremel wheel for each barb. But any disk grinder will cut it off, or a hack saw.
You do want to smooth it after that, removing burrs.

Back