• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois 316L Stainless Chain -- 50% off Retail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I have some 316L Proof Coil Chain that I bought for a large project and never used it. It is super expensive chain, but I'd like to get rid of it. Retail for 1/4" is about $18 per linear foot (will include link). The company doesn't sell 3/16", but by extrapolating the differences in price of the other sizes, it would be about $15 a foot.

You can use this chain for a variety of things...anchor chain, hanging racks for kitchen or brewery, railing (or to use as a divider for hazardous areas), hanging vent hoods, decorative items. You could make a tow chain out of it, but wouldn't rely on it to tow very far.

I'm selling for less than 50% of retail, but the catch is I'm only selling in 25-ft increments. Also, shipping for 25 feet is $7.50. Shipping for 50 and 100 ft sections is $15. Anything over 100 ft will be based on weight and FedEx charges. The smaller amounts shipped USPS Priority Flate Rate.

My price is $9 per foot for the 1/4" and $7 a foot for the 3/16". If you buy 250ft or more, I'll take 50-cents off per foot.

Here is a link to the chain... http://www.westmarine.com/buy/suncor--stainless-steel-proof-coil-chain--P005_154_001_004?recordNum=2

Never got this notice, but no, this chain is made in the US. Not sure about that chain because half that price would be almost what you'd pay for stainless scrap metal per pound.

I'm sure it will work for small projects, though. This chain cost $18 a foot. I'd rather take it to the scrap yard than go through the hassle of measuring it, boxing it and shipping it for $2.10 a foot.

Back