2955 - is this the only ALL SS heating element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokonutz

Reaction score
Hi - I've been researching heating elements for an electric setup. It seems the general consensus is the Camco 2955 is the element de jour because it's the only ALL stainless steel that won't rust. Are there alternatives? I'm in canada and these are expensive up here compared to other models. But if it's the only no rust option, then that's worth the cost. Just wanted to hear what other options exist.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Dernord-Tri-clamp-Heating-Element-Electric/dp/B01N2WI65Y?th=1 is what I went with. I love the fact that I can easily take it out and clean it after every brew. Going on a year of brewing and they still look like new.
The only thing I found with the ripple elements is they fit fine through my welded ports, but I had picked up some weldless 2" tri-clamp ports and they won't fit through there.

Hi - I've been researching heating elements for an electric setup. It seems the general consensus is the Camco 2955 is the element de jour because it's the only ALL stainless steel that won't rust. Are there alternatives? I'm in canada and these are expensive up here compared to other models. But if it's the only no rust option, then that's worth the cost. Just wanted to hear what other options exist.

Thanks
Those are the exact ones I got (I'm also in Canada). So far they work great and no rust.

Back