2016 NCAA Tournament Pool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exciting game last night. I'm in 1st but I've figured out 100 ways I can still lose. Caleb still has a strong bracket. I think I may have Clint sufficiently boxed out. The Villanova v Oklahoma game is pretty key. Stressful stuff!

Crazy tournament this year for sure. Caleb is set up pretty well, I don't see anyone beating UNC. Of course, if UNC wins then I win a different pool. However, there's not a bunch of beer as the prize in that one.

I went old school with my picks on this one, the last two times I picked unc they won the tournament and I won the pool. Course that was 20 years ago, but here's hoping it works out again.
If only I had done the same in my other brackets and not picked kansas...

Caleb congrats on your victory. You really nailed it. I got my hopes up but that beatdown earlier tonight sealed it.

Caleb, I would like to send you beer. Probably easier to post likes and dislikes here. PM your details homie.

Well then we should ship Caleb's beer to you I guess.

OK, thanks. PM me for address.

I was goofing, that was a post from last year's pool. I was off by a year :(

I didn't notice this thread this year or I would have joined. I don't follow bball at all, so I'm sure I'd have tanked on the pool, but I would have picked the championship winner at least.

OK, thanks. PM me for address.

I was goofing, that was a post from last year's pool. I was off by a year :(

I didn't notice this thread this year or I would have joined. I don't follow bball at all, so I'm sure I'd have tanked on the pool, but I would have picked the championship winner at least.

I think I speak for everyone involved...I would have paid out twice for that.

In my other bracket (The one I ORIGINALLY picked to use for HBT but could get attached to the group...) came in second with 910 points. I had UK beating Vil in the finals.

That's kind of like buying a lottery ticket with the right numbers on the wrong week!

I'm in again this year, even though my alma mater was one of the first 4 out of the tourney bracket this year.

@edroberts are you "WxBrewer1" in our ESPN group? I've got everyone else figured out and you're the likely suspect.

Everyone else, please check your PM. Drcaleb sent me his contact info and I will PM it to you at his request.

@Pyg I hope this is OK, I know you were the bracket master this year. I'm just trying to help, not step on toes.

Cheers everyone, thanks for playing.

@edroberts are you "WxBrewer1" in our ESPN group? I've got everyone else figured out and you're the likely suspect.

Everyone else, please check your PM. Drcaleb sent me his contact info and I will PM it to you at his request.

@Pyg I hope this is OK, I know you were the bracket master this year. I'm just trying to help, not step on toes.

Cheers everyone, thanks for playing.

Not a problem, thanks or helping out!

Thanks @Helly for taking care of that for me, and thanks @Pyg for setting it up this year. Special thanks to unc and vandy though!

caleb

@drcaleb what would be your first and second choice for styles? So many good breweries sold here in Minneapolis, want to send you the best of each style.

@drcaleb what would be your first and second choice for styles? So many good breweries sold here in Minneapolis, want to send you the best of each style.

You and I should coordinate :)
Surly is the easy one...Steel Toe, Indeed and Bent Paddle are some of my favorites to ship. I really like Insight and East Lake right now. Maybe let me know so we don't double up?

So many good beers to be found around here. I don't know how I'll ever pick just 2...

Plus I'm going to Siciliano's Market tonight. The sky's the limit there.

You and I should coordinate :)
Surly is the easy one...Steel Toe, Indeed and Bent Paddle are some of my favorites to ship. I really like Insight and East Lake right now. Maybe let me know so we don't double up?

Good call. I'm a big fan of Steel Toe and Town Hall (of course Surly & Indeed too). Haven't tried much Insight or East Lake yet.

Just realized you're in South Mpls. I'm by 48th & Chicago. Do you shop at South Lyndale liquors?

Good call. I'm a big fan of Steel Toe and Town Hall (of course Surly & Indeed too). Haven't tried much Insight or East Lake yet.

Just realized you're in South Mpls. I'm by 48th & Chicago. Do you shop at South Lyndale liquors?

I'm in the Nokomis/Minnehaha area...off of 50th and 34th. If I don't walk up to McDonald's right in the hood I usually stop at Elevated on Hiawatha (outstanding selection and a great build your own sixer!).

How about I grab Surly and you can have Steel Toe and Indeed? Or vice versa, just let me know.
Sigh, so many choices it's hard to only choose a couple huh? :rockin:

So many good beers to be found around here. I don't know how I'll ever pick just 2...

Plus I'm going to Siciliano's Market tonight. The sky's the limit there.

Greatest place on earth. We're headed to GR tonight but I don't think I'm gonna be able to fit in Sicilianos.

I'm in the Nokomis/Minnehaha area...off of 50th and 34th. If I don't walk up to McDonald's right in the hood I usually stop at Elevated on Hiawatha (outstanding selection and a great build your own sixer!).

How about I grab Surly and you can have Steel Toe and Indeed? Or vice versa, just let me know.
Sigh, so many choices it's hard to only choose a couple huh? :rockin:

Sounds good. I like Elevated a lot too. Also like Falls. If you haven't been to South Lyndale I highly recommend checking it out. Probably a larger beer selection than Elevated, plus they get a lot of rare spirits and great wines... although a little further out from you.

Where you going? I might go to any of the stores. Haven't been to Gravel Bottom yet. Might check that out.

Gonna go out to dinner and take the kids to the children's museum. That's the plan anyway. Might go to Hopcat, we haven't decided for sure. We'll be the ones with two youngsters and a baby if you head down there at all :)

Gonna go out to dinner and take the kids to the children's museum. That's the plan anyway. Might go to Hopcat, we haven't decided for sure. We'll be the ones with two youngsters and a baby if you head down there at all :)

The children's museum is awesome! I'd probably enjoy it more than my teenager now, though.

I should see if the Griffins are playing tonight...

Nope. :(

Ended up with dinner at GR Brewing Co. We didn't make the children's museum. Apparently discount night during spring break week is slightly popular. Lineup out the door about 100 deep when we got there. Went to free admission night at the art museum instead. Unfortunately the Where the Wild Things Are exhibit doesn't open til tomorrow.

Too Bad. I decided to check out Gravel Bottom Brewing and Supplies. Got a few things I needed for the Homebrew League I signed up for and then ordered in a pizza and had a flight of beers. Really, pretty solid beers. They are still pretty new, but seem to have the basic process down and are working on water adjustments to improve the different styles even more.

Beers probably won't go out until early next week. I forgot to pack them up yesterday and we'll be heading to Petosky after work tonight.

Homer, I still have to check that place out. Sounds really cool.

@drcaleb I just PMed you the FedEx number. Cheers!

@drcaleb
Just touching base to let you know that although I'm slacking getting your beer out (just ask anybody, I lose a lot and ship a lot of beer and pride myself on quick shipping :) ) ...couple of things came up this past week.. wisdom teeth out was one thing :(
I should be able to get everything packed up and shipped the first of next week at the latest. Thanks for your patience and congrats again.

Back