2012 MLB stadium beer price report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycount

Reaction score
580754_10150678668036006_7331091005_9636708_2080842904_n.jpg

:drunk:

good god... no thanks! i'll sneak in home brew hahaha

you think coors field would have cheap coors too... wtf? like 3bucks a pint

Just one more reason I never go to Cards games anymore. They're finally starting to get some good craft beers, but they hide them very well.

just went to an angels game a few weeks ago - they may have cheap beer, but they have the worst beer of any MLB stadium i've ever seen.

when pacifico is your best bet, it's an issue. my GF went to get me a beer and said "here's a heineken, sorry, i looked everywhere"

Wow, thank god they didn't check Yankee Stadium and Citifield. I'd check to make sure I didn't step into a wormhole if they tried to sell me beer for $7.25 at either place.

This is ridiculous, but Target Field in Minneapolis has a great beer selection so it's nice to see that they're at least trying.

This year Surly unveiled an IPA that is exclusive to Target Field. (They couldn't produce enough Furious due to hops shortage, so they created a new brew) Fulton, another local brewery, also has their beer on tap there.

This doesn't mean the price is cheap, but if my choice is a miller lite for $7.25 or a Surly Bandwagon for $8.25.... the choice is easy

I'm pretty sure in Cleveland you can buy Hoppin' Frog for $30 at the ballpark. Or, if you are like me, drink before and after the game and save a ton of money.

i wont be heading to busch stadium this year. last time i was there was the last season of the old stadium. would not pay there prices for beer then, wont pay for it now. only way i will pay for a $6 beer is if it is accompanied by naked women

BUT! Is paying the extra couple of bucks for craft beer at sporting events really worth it?

I recently paid $10 a piece for a Widmer or Bridgeport when I go see the Portland Winterhawks. Kinda hurts the wallet even more after throwing down a couple.

Just drink one good beer. You are out at the park. Drink a miller lite or drink some water if you must. Ball parks aren't going to go pure and make craft beer affordable. I love craft beer and home brew but am not above a miller lite when at an event. I drank natty boh at the o's opener.

Yep, it sucks. I tailgate vikings games and still blow $30+ inside. Twins games I don't really drink, because they occasionally win.

BUT! Is paying the extra couple of bucks for craft beer at sporting events really worth it?

I recently paid $10 a piece for a Widmer or Bridgeport when I go see the Portland Winterhawks. Kinda hurts the wallet even more after throwing down a couple.

you must have watched them at the Garden... It's only 9 at the coliseum ha ha

Target field is serving an exclusive Surly brew. $8.00/24 oz. West coast IPA, damn fine beer.

Luckily in Seattle, the ballpark is right across the street from Pyramid Brewing Co. and they have an outdoor beer garden so I can have a few cheaper, better tasting beers there than what they serve at SafeCo.

cepster said:
Target field is serving an exclusive Surly brew. $8.00/24 oz. West coast IPA, damn fine beer.

Going this Friday, good to know! Anywhere in particular I have to go to get this?

Let's go Blue Jays! Let's get better beer in the Roger's Centre!

Last year a tall-boy was $10.25. Your choice of Budweiser, Keith's and I think Coors (never drank that).

$10.25...

This year its probably more...

Someone please help us up here...

Great Divide is right down the street from the Rockies' ballpark. If I lived in Denver, I would absolutely do happy hour there before each game. When I was there in February, it was $3/pint for anything including their oak aged Yeti.

Here in St. Petersburg, FL, Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays) sells 16oz beers for $5.75.

That field is 2 miles from my house, and I typically attend 4-5 games a year. To their credit, the field offers free parking and will let you bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks into the stadium, so I have no problem packing a sub, some peanuts, and a few bottled waters then paying the $5.75 for 2-3 beers. Tickets to the game are typically about $12-15.

About 15 miles from me, however, is Brighthouse Field, home of the Philadelphia Phillies Single A affiliate, the Clearwater Threshers. Nice, nice minor league park. I go to about 7-8 games there a year. General Admission tickets are $6.00.

Every Monday home game they do $1.00 12oz beers, along with $1.00 for pretty much all food (pop corn, peanuts, hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream sandwiches). The $1.00 beer even goes for the Gordan Birch beer stand, as well as all other import beer stands. A few times a year, they even do an all you can eat and drink, including all domestic and import beer, with a flat rate admission of $17.00.

The day I go the most, however, is "Thirsty Thursdays." The stadium has a nice full service bar right up against the right field wall. I sit at the bar, watch the game, and enjoy 2 for 1 Yeungling drafts, which equates to TWO 24 ounce beers for $3.75. THAT'S fun at the ballpark!!

That field is 2 miles from my house, and I typically attend 4-5 games a year. To their credit, the field offers free parking and will let you bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks into the stadium, so I have no problem packing a sub, some peanuts, and a few bottled waters then paying the $5.75 for 2-3 beers. Tickets to the game are typically about $12-15.

Wow. The Rays are an amazing team, even more-so learning that.

The Blue Jays Experience.
$20 Parking
$56 Ticket along the foul line ($80+ closer to the infield)
$10.25 Tall-Boy of crap beer
$12+ for anything food related
$5 Peanuts
No outside food allowed - Inspection upon entering the Stadium

Yet... I still go 5 times a year. I must make more money than I think I do.

Great Divide is right down the street from the Rockies' ballpark. If I lived in Denver, I would absolutely do happy hour there before each game. When I was there in February, it was $3/pint for anything including their oak aged Yeti.

This.

We go to GD early. It's a mad house though. Every time I go GD and fight the throngs of people and rude bartenders, I wish that Flying Dog was back in LoDo. After we're done we go to the game and get some monster nachos.

Wow. The Rays are an amazing team, even more-so learning that.

It's not because they're an amazing team. It's because they can't get anyone to come to their games. They have the worst attendance in MLB and are listed as the least valuable team, despite having a solid club nearly every year.

If they could charge more for tickets/concessions/beer they most certainly would. I'd be surprised if they're in Tampa too many more years.

This is ridiculous, but Target Field in Minneapolis has a great beer selection so it's nice to see that they're at least trying.

This year Surly unveiled an IPA that is exclusive to Target Field. (They couldn't produce enough Furious due to hops shortage, so they created a new brew) Fulton, another local brewery, also has their beer on tap there.

This doesn't mean the price is cheap, but if my choice is a miller lite for $7.25 or a Surly Bandwagon for $8.25.... the choice is easy

I'm excited to go to a twins game or two this summer

Our local brewpub just opened their own beer pavilion at our local minor league baseball stadium. Haven't gone to a game yet this year, but with their pint prices being $5 each at their brewpub I'm anticipating a fairly hefty pricetag.

The good thing about Coors Field is that it's within a mile of Great Divide, Wynkoop, Denver Beer, and probably a few others that I don't know about.

Last year I went to a Cards game and a Budweiser cost me $9.00 for a 16 ounce draft. I wish I could find one for that price! The nice thing about the Cardinals' stadium, Busch, is that you can bring in your own food and bottled water.

It's not because they're an amazing team. It's because they can't get anyone to come to their games. They have the worst attendance in MLB and are listed as the least valuable team, despite having a solid club nearly every year.

If they could charge more for tickets/concessions/beer they most certainly would. I'd be surprised if they're in Tampa too many more years.

Just FYI, the Rays are 17th in attendance this year. Tampa/St. Petersburg has a total population around 500,000. The "drawing area" demographic brings the total to about 2.7 million. NYC has a population of 8.4 Million, not including the official "drawing area."

So, so far in 2012, the Yankees are averaging 42120, a rate of 88% of the stadium capacity, and a rate of 0.5% of the population per gameday. BTW, that is also a 7% decrease in attendance from 2011.

So far in 2012, the Rays are averaging 29,269, a rate of 61% of stadium capacity, and a rate of 1.1% of the population per gameday. That is also a 23% increase in attendance from 2011.

Not to mention the economy of the Tampa/St. Pete area is one of the hardest hit in the country the last 4-5 years (incidentally, the same amount of time the Rays have been good).

The Rays are also consistently in the top 10 in PROFITABILITY according to Forbes every year, so the attendence HAS to be looked at in that context. They WIN and MAKE MONEY. It's always nice when our team competes just fine with a 2011 $42million payroll compared to the Yankees' $201million payroll.

Anyway, there are lots of good indicators here in FL that the Rays are doing just fine, thank you.

Stadiums that allow you to bring food and unopened non alcoholic drinks rule. Taking a family of four to any type of sporting event nowadays and you are already at least $100 down just walking in (unless you want a nose bleed seat and who can keep 6 year olds engrossed in a game up that high?) So I don't have a problem paying a few extra bucks for a beer at a game if I know that more than likely I won't have to buy food. Thanks Reds for letting us bring food in.

Just FYI, the Rays are 17th in attendance this year. Tampa/St. Petersburg has a total population around 500,000. The "drawing area" demographic brings the total to about 2.7 million. NYC has a population of 8.4 Million, not including the official "drawing area."

So, so far in 2012, the Yankees are averaging 42120, a rate of 88% of the stadium capacity, and a rate of 0.5% of the population per gameday. BTW, that is also a 7% decrease in attendance from 2011.

So far in 2012, the Rays are averaging 29,269, a rate of 61% of stadium capacity, and a rate of 1.1% of the population per gameday. That is also a 23% increase in attendance from 2011.

Not to mention the economy of the Tampa/St. Pete area is one of the hardest hit in the country the last 4-5 years (incidentally, the same amount of time the Rays have been good).

The Rays are also consistently in the top 10 in PROFITABILITY according to Forbes every year, so the attendence HAS to be looked at in that context. They WIN and MAKE MONEY. It's always nice when our team competes just fine with a 2011 $42million payroll compared to the Yankees' $201million payroll.

Anyway, there are lots of good indicators here in FL that the Rays are doing just fine, thank you.

holy cow. I wish I could find this type of research at work.

Oh, and WilliamWS,

Before you throw some more ESPN anti-Rays quotes at me, I propose that we just agree that Boston sucks, and move on. Namaste! :tank:

This.

We go to GD early. It's a mad house though. Every time I go GD and fight the throngs of people and rude bartenders, I wish that Flying Dog was back in LoDo. After we're done we go to the game and get some monster nachos.

For as small as the tasting room is, I can imagine how insane that place could get.

Man, the more I think about that place, the more I miss Colorado. Can't wait to move out there in a couple years. Denver is such a cool city.

Our local brewpub just opened their own beer pavilion at our local minor league baseball stadium. Haven't gone to a game yet this year, but with their pint prices being $5 each at their brewpub I'm anticipating a fairly hefty pricetag.

$5/pint for a locally made beer seems really reasonable to me, unless the beer sucks.

Back