20 Questions: Beer Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think technically speaking "multiple elements" would be different than "multiple ingredients." By that definition, every brewing ingredient is composed of multiple ingredients, which is not the case.

Equipment?

BBL_Brewer said:
I would think technically speaking "multiple elements" would be different than "multiple ingredients." By that definition, every brewing ingredient is composed of multiple ingredients, which is not the case.

Equipment?

But aren't acids usually a solution of the acid itself and then water to dilute to the desired pH? If that's the case his response was spot on.

Qhrumphf said:
But aren't acids usually a solution of the acid itself and then water to dilute to the desired pH? If that's the case his response was spot on.

Yep, I was talking about the water.

Does more than just one spice/herb come from the same plant (e.g. fennel, coriander)?

PhelanKA7 said:
*ahem* I would think "grain/nutlike" would fit into the "seed" category :p

I wouldn't. Depends on what seed, IMO. Sesame, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds? Sure. Chili peppers, cumin, fennel seed? Not so much. But that's just it - it's only my opinion. It was too subjective a question...

People have to put themselves in the answerer's shoes when asking a question. It's supposed to be yes/no questions and simple yes/no/sometimes answers, but a lot of the time I get questions that answering yes or no would be misleading without a paragraph - or more - explaining further.

IMO (again), the best questions are ones which are entirely factual and don't require the answerer to use his/her judgment. If every good, factual question imaginable has been exhausted, then at least try to ask things which are so widely considered common sense that everybody would likely answer it the same way anyways. If you can think of any answers to your question where ambiguity is possible, try rephrasing it or thinking up a new question entirely - even just a single ambiguous answer can ruin the entire game, causing people to deduce totally incorrectly.

Back