20 Questions: Beer Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reno_eNVy said:
I'll beat emjay to this one....

No because I already guessed "does it measure concentration" and pH is a measure of the logarithmic concentration of H+ ions.

EDIT: And for the record, altimeter isn't a ridiculous guess. What if you want to know what altitude you're at so you know at what temp your wort will boil? ;)

Hahaha. Good point.

I thought of the boiling thing but how many times are you going to brew at a different altitude? Why don't you just boil once and see where it goes, or use a GPS... or a map ;) Seriously... how many brewers actually use an altimeter, and "sometimes on brew day", no less?

BBL_Brewer said:
does it measure flow rate?
No.

Qhrumphf said:
Does it measure color?
No.

I'll give you guys a hint: you're overcomplicating it.

I'm going to take a wild stab with some loose interpretation of the responses here, is it brewing software?

Equipment
Its made of metal
Is sometimes used on brew day
Does not come into contact with wort/beer
Used by less than half of brewers
Does not have to do with yeast/bacteria
Not altimeter
Measures
Doesn't measure: temperature, volume, color, flow rate, pressure, weight, concentration, pH, IBUs

No.

When I said it's metal I mean it's metal. I've never seen one that wasn't almost entirely metal (if not ENTIRELY).

The only thing left to measure I can think of is time, but I'm pretty sure more than half of brewers have a clock so........I'm going with sun dial.

Final answer ;)

No. :)

3 questions left, so I'll say this: If this was just a general "20 questions" game, there's no doubt you'd at least have already guessed what it measures. It's a simple measurement!

In fact, it's so simple that when you guys miraculously asked, spot-on, if it was metal and if it measures as questions 2 and 3, I thought for sure you'd get the answer with just a few more questions. I think the problem is that you guys are thinking of brewing equipment, and then asking the related question, when you'd probably have more success just thinking what kind of measurements people are able to make, or even focusing on different questions entirely.

3 more guesses. I have faith you guys can do this.

Screw it, it's been over 24 hours since a guess.

It measures DISTANCE.

I'll give a couple hours to see if anybody can get it, though it should be obvious.

Qhrumphf said:
Yeah, really obvious :cross:

A brewing-related, metal thing that measures distance? What distance needs measuring (other than building/planning a brewery) other than a mill's gap?

I can't go. Just started working at spirits as the craft beer "expert" lol. And they don't like when your on the cell or internet doing 20 questions lol

Latest posts

Back