2 hour 31 minute brew day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just to show how quickly you can do a brew day I documented my time from adding water to my pot until cleanup was over. Granted, this was a very simple extract kit, but I completed everything in 2 1/2 hours.

This is a partial boil 5 gal DME kit w/ one hop addition and no steeping grains.

3:08 - Begin heating water.
3:51 - 3 lbs. wheat DME and hops added and boil begins. I could have shortened this time if I used my propane burner from the beginning. I however started warming the water on my stove top. This was out of habit since I usually steep on the stove top.
4:41 - Pull wort off of burner and add remaining 3 lbs. wheat DME
4:46 - Wort begins boiling again.
4:56 - Boil over.
5:39 - After cooling my wort, pitching yeast and cleaning up the brew day is over.

Nice work. I did a 15 minute boil amarillo pale ale that turned out nice in an hour and 15 minutes. Start to cleanup. The idea came from an online source and I would recommend anyone give it a try if you're itching to brew and don't think you have the time. The basic idea is to quadruple the hops because of the shortened boil time.

I normally take about 4-5 hours because I usually have steeping grains and am not in a rush. Not that I had anything to do today, but I wanted to see how quickly I could do this without cutting corners.

I figured it would be a cool thing to explain to new brewers.

Nice work. I did a 15 minute boil amarillo pale ale that turned out nice in an hour and 15 minutes. Start to cleanup. The idea came from an online source and I would recommend anyone give it a try if you're itching to brew and don't think you have the time. The basic idea is to quadruple the hops because of the shortened boil time.

:D That's awesome.

I found that the smoker I drink,the player I get. Then I gotta remember what stage I was at with the BK. Then stagger into comp room with half full BK to dump it in the FV. Brrraaack,tripstumblestagger. Doooh!

I found that the smoker I drink,the player I get. Then I gotta remember what stage I was at with the BK. Then stagger into comp room with half full BK to dump it in the FV. Brrraaack,tripstumblestagger. Doooh!

yeeea buddy. i seriously need to get like a dowel rod and make gallon markings for my next brew day, cause in between homebrews and safety meetings and whatnot, i can't ever remember if i'm on the 4th or 5th 1 gallon water jug getting emptied into the kettle...

also can't wait for the first time my drunk ass drops the 5 gallon bucket of hot chiller output water that i'm trying to run down the stairs with to throw in the washing machine... herp derp

My 2009 brew day with Festa Brew kit: 9:00 am pour wort into fermenter. 9:01 am add yeast.

Now with AG it takes just a bit longer...

Back