2 channel temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signal2noise

Reaction score
I am looking for a 2 channel temperature controller where I can hook up my chest freezer and a warming element at the same time to really dial in my fermentation temperature. I remember seeing a 2 channel controller in the past, but can't seem to find one now. I have looked on Austin and Hearts Hombrew Supply and Northern Brewer.

Any help is much appreciated.

any of the regular brand name or knockoff PID controllers will be able to do this too. you can do both heating and cooling at the same time by making use of the internal alarm relay. set the controller to cooling mode, hook up your fridge to the main relay, and then hook up your heater to the alarm relay. set the alarm to go off if it reaches a temperature that is too low.

you obviously need to determine if the internal relay can handle the load of the heater, or if you need a larger external relay, but the idea is the same.

Back