2.5 or 3 gallon kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTrone

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get them somewhat cheap? My new fridge won't fit my 5 gallon, and I absolutely hate bottling. I can only find 3 gallon kegs new, and they're about $100. Too much IMO

Nope, even used ones are $80 plus, if you can find them.

A few years ago, Williams Brewing had a sale at $50 each and sold out in like two days! They are uncommon, and desirable, so the price is outrageous sorry to say!

I have three of them and only because I took part in the Williams Brewing sale.

I bought a three gallon from Midwest a while back. Used 3 gallons are really hard to find and tend to be just as expensive. If I recall, they had 2.5 gal kegs in stock when I bought mine

Wow! So, when I found 2 three gallon cornies on craigslist for $75 , I scored? (talked him down to $65.00 as he didn't really know what they were)

Anyway..Keep your eye on CL? Good luck!

Yooper said:
Nope, even used ones are $80 plus, if you can find them.

A few years ago, Williams Brewing had a sale at $50 each and sold out in like two days! They are uncommon, and desirable, so the price is outrageous sorry to say!

I have three of them and only because I took part in the Williams Brewing sale.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks anyways Yooper. I guess I'll bottle for now and just keep checking CL

The used market for 3 gal has basically dried up, and what little appears is sold for barely less than new. Used typically have beat up posts and need new rings, making them a break-even proposition at best. Personally, I'd just keep an eye out for sales on new kegs. These guys got 'em for $99 - http://cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=685590

I ended up finding some 5 gallon short kegs. They're only 22" high, and cost $60 with shipping. Much better than $110 for a 3 gallon.

I dont find I use my 3 gal for anything other than holding my starsan... Wish I had two extra 5 gal kegs!

I have two 3-gal that I might be willing to part with if I could replace them with a few 5-gal kegs. Plenty of room in my keezer and I could use the extra volume since I brew big batches. Send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

I bought mine from Rebel Brewer. $99+shipping. It looks like they are out of the 3G ones, but have the 2.5G in stock.

I just recently saw a place selling "economy" 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs (new) for $69.00. Wish I could find you that link...

They ship them to the US, but at close to $30 shipping. At $100 total ($70+$30) vs. $110 total ($100+$10) from Rebel Brewer for a better quality keg, the advantage is gone.

Latest posts

Back