2.5 Gallon Sanke Keg.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple years ago I ordered a bunch of a ball lock kegs from China. The manufacturer I ordered them from had 10l Sanke kegs on the price list, so they must exist (even if its only in the sense that this particular Chinese company was willing to make them), however I have never see something smaller than a 1/6th in the wild.

They exist, although you'll see them marketed at 10L. Gopher Kegs and Geemacher both carry them. Gopher runs about $60/per. I don't know if they sell to individuals or not though. If they do, please post an update here.

They exist, although you'll see them marketed at 10L. Gopher Kegs and Geemacher both carry them. Gopher runs about $60/per. I don't know if they sell to individuals or not though. If they do, please post an update here.

I found them at two places and Gohper was more than half the price at $56 per keg. Shipping is generally $20 or so by FedEx. A single box can hold 1-3 kegs.

These are German made--- 10.4L; so it's closer to 2.75 gallons than 2.5! These are more rare than hen's teeth. Every one I've seen, I've purchased!

image2-66677.jpeg

They are not plastic... they are 316 Stainless with a rubber coating-- they take a ton of abuse, and if you look closely, there is a machined lip on the top rim that allows for easy (and safe) stacking of the kegs.

These were made by one of the most prominent German keg manufacturers; they're legit!

:mug:

I've seen a 3 gallon sanke that was the same size as a 1/6bbl, but the bottom half of the keg was hallow. I have no idea why anyone would want that.

They are not plastic... they are 316 Stainless with a rubber coating-- they take a ton of abuse, and if you look closely, there is a machined lip on the top rim that allows for easy (and safe) stacking of the kegs.

These were made by one of the most prominent German keg manufacturers; they're legit!

:mug:

But is that a sanke or European connection?

I've seen a 3 gallon sanke that was the same size as a 1/6bbl, but the bottom half of the keg was hallow. I have no idea why anyone would want that.

Yea that doesn't even make sense....

So I've purchased 3 - new 10l Sanke kegs from Gopher Kegs for $213 shipped. This includes the keg rims being embossed with my "brewery name". The embossing special was up to 11 characters for $2.50! So, at approximately $71/keg, I thought it was a no brainer.

20150210_173231.jpg

So I've purchased 3 - new 10l Sanke kegs from Gopher Kegs for $213 shipped. This includes the keg rims being embossed with my "brewery name". The embossing special was up to 11 characters for $2.50! So, at approximately $71/keg, I thought it was a no brainer.

20150210_173231.jpg

Where is gopher out of... I think I've made a terrible mistake buying torpedo kegs. They were the same cost but I like sankes. I sent a quote for three or two to NYS.

Back