1st AG---Thank you everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTgill

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here with the tutorials and pictures on how to do everything. I brewed my 3rd ever brew today 1st AG with the BIAB method. Everything went great. It was a Hanks Hefe from Midwest and I had requested a double crush and the grains looked great. I did have to sparge with 1.5 gallons as my strainer basket is a little shorter and the water level would have been too high with the required 7.75 gallons needed for no sparge. The reciped called for 1.049-54 for the OG and I hit it with a 1.051 and 5.25 gallons in the fermentor. This was also my first time using liquid yeast (Wyeast 3068) and making a starter. Well apparently I didn'st screw up the yeast too much cause in less than 2 hours I had bubbling in the airlock. I heard this ferments violently so I added a blow off tube and its chugging along. Thanks everyone again.

One quick question to any BIAB brewers. Is the TastyBrew.com brewhouse efficiency calculator pretty accurate? It said my efficiency was ~76% which I am thrilled with but didn't know how accurate it is. Thanks again all.

Back