18 inches of snow = time to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
Thanks to a hefty 18 inches or so of snow from the latest Nor'easter, I'm home from work.

Kids are out and about the neighborhood.

Driveway is snowblowed.

Time to brew! :rockin:

Thanks to a hefty 18 inches or so of snow from the latest Nor'easter, I'm home from work.

Driveway is snowblowed.

I'm jealous! Not of the snow of course, but of your ability to turn an otherwise crappy event into a great day!:mug:

Mash is underway for my small batch (3.5 gallon), AG smoked porter

Smoke on the Snow Porter?
Black Snow?
Nor'easter Smoked Porter?

About an hour north of you in Everett, foot plus of snow but I'm still at work - wishing I was brewing. Got to stand in the snow waiting for the bus for a good 45 minutes this morning, good times. Brew something good for those of us less fortunate!

About an hour north of you in Everett, foot plus of snow but I'm still at work - wishing I was brewing. Got to stand in the snow waiting for the bus for a good 45 minutes this morning, good times. Brew something good for those of us less fortunate!

Sorry to hear that. This is my first attempt at a smoked porter. I'll put a little extra care into it for you and everyone else that trudged through the snow to get to work.

Yeah I am here in southern NH...gottal love the snow sometimes. id like it if it only snowed maybe once or twice and go back to summertime..for some somertime brews.

I am south of you guys in Connecticut. Lots of snow here. I work for the state and the new Gov said no 1st shift workers today. :) But I don't have anything to brew. :( So I am sitting on the couch watching some recorded UFC's and drinking cider. :)

Did you get your water chemistry figured out?

_

yeah...decided not to add anything. Consensus is that adjusting based on beer color alone is not a good idea. I used the new version of the EZ Water Calculator spreadsheet and my mash pH came out close enough given my water as is and my grist, so I decided to just let it be.

Stuck at work...got the driveway waiting for me when I get home.

Still snowing a bit but nothing like the mess when I drove in this morning.

Just over 14 inches up here in my backyard and the snow is still coming down at a good clip. Good thing the weatherman only said it would be 5 - 8... wish I had something sitting around to brew. Instead my plan is to finish off my keg of blueberry wheat and get it ready for my harpoon winter warmer clone that will be going in by the weekend

well, the beer is in the fermenter and everything is cleaned up (except the MLT - I'll dump it out back tomorrow)

I shoveled an additional few inches off the driveway and am going to sit back for the rest of the night after a very productive day. Snow days aren't just for the kids.

Cheers!

Driveway is snowblowed.

Feck that...time to ski the POW!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one taking advantage. My brew has 25 minutes more to boil. It's my APA for the HBT contest. Nice to get the day out of the office!

closed my office today, brewed this morning while it was still snowing hard, so i'd have the afternoon to deal with cleaning up. woot!

I'm a plow driver and I haven't been able to brew cause of this snow :( damn I wish it would stop for a couple days

Driveway is snowblowed.

If nothing else, you'll be covered if your wort chiller malfunctions. :)

Back